- 1 How much does it cost to replace a timing belt on an Acura TL?
- 2 When Should timing belt be replaced on Acura?
- 3 How many miles should a timing belt be changed?
- 4 Does Acura TL have timing belt or chain?
- 5 What are signs of bad timing belt?
- 6 How much does it cost to replace timing belt and water pump Acura TL?
- 7 Can a timing belt last 200 000 miles?
- 8 How do you know if timing belt needs changing?
- 9 Is there any warning before timing belt breaks?
- 10 Can I replace timing belt myself?
- 11 How much does a new timing belt cost?
- 12 Does changing timing belt improve performance?
- 13 What years did the Acura TL have transmission problems?
- 14 How long do Acura engines last?
- 15 Do timing chains need to be replaced?
How much does it cost to replace a timing belt on an Acura TL?
The average cost for an Acura TL timing belt replacement is between $875 and $1,026. Labor costs are estimated between $408 and $515 while parts are priced between $467 and $511.
When Should timing belt be replaced on Acura?
Acura recommends changing your timing belt every 60,000 to 90,000 miles. The exact recommendation can be found in the Scheduled Maintenance recommendations in your owner’s manual. This will vary by the model and model year of your Acura.
How many miles should a timing belt be changed?
Your owner’s manual is a good resource and will indicate the mileage interval recommended for your specific vehicle make and model. Depending on the manufacturer of the vehicle, mileage ranges for recommended timing belt replacement is anywhere from 60,000 miles to 100,000 miles and 6-10 years old.
Does Acura TL have timing belt or chain?
All late model Acura vehicles, equipped with a V6 engine do utilize an Acura timing belt. These vehicles include the Acura RL, TL, TSX (V6 model only), MDX, and ZDX. Even though a timing chain equipped Acura car does not have a service interval that requires the timing chain replacement, the chain can still fail.
What are signs of bad timing belt?
Symptoms Of A Failing Or Broken Timing Belt
- You Hear Odd Noises Coming From The Engine.
- Your Check Engine Light Is On And Flashing.
- Your Car Starts Hard And Occasionally Misfires.
- You Notice A Loss Of Power And Your Car Runs Or Idles More Roughly Than Normal.
How much does it cost to replace timing belt and water pump Acura TL?
How much does it cost to replace timing belt and water pump Acura TL? The average cost for an Acura TL timing belt replacement is between $778 and $901. Labor costs are estimated between $327 and $414 while parts are priced between $451 and $487.
Can a timing belt last 200 000 miles?
Well consider this: in the old days when timing belts were changed at 60,000 miles, there was no problem with these parts going 120,000 or so miles. There’s no way that these various components are going to last through two timing belts – they’re not going to last for 200,000 miles in most cases.
How do you know if timing belt needs changing?
Check out these symptoms of a bad or failing timing belt
- Ticking noise coming from the engine. The timing belt is attached by way of a series of pulleys to the engine’s crank and cam shaft.
- Engine won’t turn over. If the timing belt has broken inside, the engine will not be able to turn over or ignite.
- Engine misfires.
- Oil leaking from in front of the motor.
Is there any warning before timing belt breaks?
The timing belt can fail without any prior symptoms, so if you’re within the mileage window, you should go ahead and have it replaced regardless. That being said, sometimes your car will give you a bit of warning that the belt is wearing out.
Can I replace timing belt myself?
But if you are and you enjoy doing your own repairs or restorations then it’s something you can do yourself, and save on some big repair bills in the process. We’ll walk you through the process of replacing a timing belt and water pump step by step, starting with the tools you’ll need.
How much does a new timing belt cost?
The average cost to replace a timing belt will be anywhere from $300 to $500 in total (more for larger cars, trucks, and SUVs). The timing belt itself will usually only cost less than $50 but the majority of a timing belt job is spent on labor. The cost of the labor will be anywhere from $250 to $450 or more.
Does changing timing belt improve performance?
No timing belt will give an increase in performance – it’s just not possible. Its main job is to keep the timing in check. Having your timing belt replaced and noticing an increase in performance is just a mix of the engine operating at peak efficiency and a good hit of placebo effect thrown in for good measure!
What years did the Acura TL have transmission problems?
Even though it had the most complaints, 2003 wasn’t the only year that the TL had transmission issues and complaints. 2002 had a high amount of transmission problems complaints as well. Acura TL owners who bought production years 2003-2009 and 2012 also had complained about transmission problems.
How long do Acura engines last?
It’ll go until you decide not to put any more money into it. But as long as you do your maintenance on time, you have many, many more miles left. A fairly well designed, well maintained engine should be perfectly happy running 300K at least. 500K or more depending on typical use.
Do timing chains need to be replaced?
When does a timing chain need to be replaced? The timing chain normally needs to be replaced between 80,000 and 120,000 miles unless there is a specific problem. If driving an older vehicle, or one with close to 100,000 miles, it is recommended to look for symptoms of the timing chain going bad or failing.