- 1 How far is Cadillac Michigan from Detroit?
- 2 How far is Cadillac Michigan from Traverse City?
- 3 Is Cadillac Michigan a good place to live?
- 4 What is Cadillac MI known for?
- 5 What county is Cadillac Michigan in?
- 6 Are Cadillacs made in Cadillac Michigan?
- 7 What is there to do in Cadillac Michigan today?
- 8 Is Cadillac an Indian name?
How far is Cadillac Michigan from Detroit?
There are 177.86 miles from Detroit to Cadillac in northwest direction and 208 miles (334.74 kilometers) by car, following the I-375 N route. Detroit and Cadillac are 3 hours 25 mins far apart, if you drive non-stop.
How far is Cadillac Michigan from Traverse City?
There are 36.93 miles from Cadillac to Traverse City in northwest direction and 47 miles (75.64 kilometers) by car, following the US-131 Business route.
Is Cadillac Michigan a good place to live?
Despite what you may hear, Cadillac is a very safe, family-friendly, community. Crime is going down in this community as the city council has it at the center of their focus. I have lived in Cadillac my whole life. Cadillac offers many parks, great camping and recreational opportunity.
What is Cadillac MI known for?
The Wexford County Historical Museum was originally built as a Carnegie Library. Cadillac is the ending point to the White Pine Trail State Park, which is a 92 mile linear State park stretching 92 miles. Cadillac is the host of the North American Snow Festival.
What county is Cadillac Michigan in?
Cadillac /ˈkædɪlæk/ is a city in the U.S. state of Michigan. The city is the county seat of Wexford County. The population was 10,355 at the 2010 census. Today US 131, M-55 and M-115 have a junction at this city.
Are Cadillacs made in Cadillac Michigan?
Cadillac vehicles are only assembled at four factories out of GM’s total of 90 remaining across the globe. The new Lansing Grand River Assembly plant in Lansing, Michigan controls assembly of the CTS and STS sedans (and the future CTS Coupe), and the popular SRX, Cadillac’s first crossover vehicle.
What is there to do in Cadillac Michigan today?
Top Attractions in Cadillac
- William Mitchell State Park. 56 reviews. Nature & Parks.
- Huron-Manistee National Forests. 4 reviews.
- City Park – Cadillac Commons. 7 reviews.
- Cadillac Sound Garden. 13 reviews.
- Wexford County Historical Museum. 9 reviews.
- Wexford Civic Center. 1 review.
- Kiss Monument. 1 review.
- Caberfae Peaks. 145 reviews.
Is Cadillac an Indian name?
The name Cadillac comes from Native American language as “Kautawabet” meaning “Broken Tooth,” after a Potawatamie chief who signed the Great Peace Treaty of 1825. A group of politicians thought to change the name to Cadillac, after Antoine de la Mothe Cadillac, an early Michigan explorer and founder of Detroit.