- 1 What type of coolant does BMW use?
- 2 Does BMW need special coolant?
- 3 What kind of coolant does a 2006 BMW X3 take?
- 4 Can I use Prestone coolant in my BMW?
- 5 Does AutoZone carry BMW coolant?
- 6 Can you mix green and blue coolant BMW?
- 7 Do you have to dilute BMW coolant?
- 8 Can you add water to BMW coolant?
- 9 Is BMW and Mercedes coolant the same?
- 10 Where do I put coolant in my BMW X3?
- 11 Where can I buy BMW coolant?
- 12 How long does BMW coolant last?
- 13 How much does BMW coolant cost?
- 14 Can I use green antifreeze instead of orange?
What type of coolant does BMW use?
You can use a BMW Coolant Antifreeze or a BMW 82-14-2-209-769 Antifreeze. Both coolants are highly effective on all BMW models. They have no nitrite or phosphate, the major corrosion catalysts. They give your engine and cooling system optimal protection against boil overs, heat damage, and corrosion.
Does BMW need special coolant?
BMWs have specific coolant requirements (nitrite and phosphate free) to prevent build-up and corrosion of aluminum components, so not just any off-the-shelf antifreeze will do.
What kind of coolant does a 2006 BMW X3 take?
Pentosin 1.5 Liter Blue Concentrate Coolant/Antifreeze.
Can I use Prestone coolant in my BMW?
Prestone® Antifreeze/Coolant is completely safe for use in both foreign and domestic vehicles.
Does AutoZone carry BMW coolant?
Shop AutoZone for BMW Antifreeze / Coolant.
Can you mix green and blue coolant BMW?
Looks like they’re compatible and green can be mixed in with cars filled with blue but not the other way around. Pasted from getbmwparts: BMW HT-12 can be used in any vehicle that currently contains G48 coolant (blue), but G48 should not continue to be used in vehicles that were originally filled with HT-12.
Do you have to dilute BMW coolant?
As mentioned, the BMW blue coolant needs to be diluted with distilled water.
Can you add water to BMW coolant?
Full strength coolant is not mixed, and you will need to mix it yourself before adding it to the cooling system. Use distilled water instead of tap water. Tap water will work, but it is not recommended because it can introduce impurities and minerals and cause corrosion to the cooling system.
Is BMW and Mercedes coolant the same?
Your BMW, Porsche, Mercedes Benz, Audi or Volkswagen uses an HOAT coolant. As your BMW, Mercedes Benz, Porsche, Mini, Audi and Volkswagen have replaced most iron components with aluminum and other lighter composites, IAT coolants should not be used.
Where do I put coolant in my BMW X3?
How to Add Coolant: BMW X3 (2011-2017)
- Getting Started – Prepare for the repair.
- Open the Hood – How to pop the hood and prop it open.
- Find Reservoir – Locate the coolant reservoir and clean it.
- Check Level – Determine the coolant level.
- Add Coolant – Determine coolant type and add fluid properly.
- Replace Cap – Secure the coolant reservoir cap.
Where can I buy BMW coolant?
BMW 82141467704 Grey Antifreeze Coolant – 1 Gallon – Walmart.com – Walmart.com.
How long does BMW coolant last?
How often should you change coolant in a BMW 328i? Typically, you should have your BMW 328i coolant flush completed every 30,000 miles or every two years.
How much does BMW coolant cost?
BMW 328i Coolant Change Cost Estimate. The average cost for a BMW 328i coolant change is between $149 and $188. Labor costs are estimated between $149 and $188.
Can I use green antifreeze instead of orange?
Can I mix green coolant with orange coolant? This is one of those questions usually asked after the fact, and usually engine damage has already occurred. The green and orange coolants do not mix. When mixed together they form a gel-like substance that stops coolant flow, and consequently, the engine overheats.