- 1 How much does it cost to replace a convertible top motor?
- 2 How do you test a convertible top motor?
- 3 Are Sebring convertibles good cars?
- 4 Why does my convertible top get stuck?
- 5 Can convertible tops be repaired?
- 6 Is it hard to replace a convertible top?
- 7 What kind of fluid goes in a convertible top motor?
- 8 How does a hardtop convertible work?
- 9 How does a convertible top motor work?
- 10 Is Chrysler Sebring a reliable car?
- 11 When did they stop making Chrysler Sebring?
- 12 How much is a 2004 Chrysler Sebring convertible worth?
- 13 How do you close a Mustang convertible top manually?
- 14 How do you adjust the top on a convertible Mustang?
How much does it cost to replace a convertible top motor?
If you need a convertible top repair, you should plan on spending at least $500-$1,000.
How do you test a convertible top motor?
Use a digital multimeter to check the lines feeding the convertible top motor. Every time you press the convertible switch, you should read between 11-13 volts at the pump. If you are not getting any current at the hydraulic motor, you may have an electrical problem or a defective switch.
Are Sebring convertibles good cars?
The Chrysler Sebring convertible is a very good car. A lot of people had good things to say about it and it’s good looking. I’ve had this car for 11 years and I haven’t had to do much work to it. It is still running and everything still works.
Why does my convertible top get stuck?
Worn lift solenoids
If you use a convertible top a lot, the cylinders may start to wear out. If your convertible top is very slow to go up and down or gets stuck, a worn or leaking convertible top cylinder may be the problem.
Can convertible tops be repaired?
Repairing a convertible top is not as easy as stitches and patches. So that’s one of the reasons you see convertible tops with duct tape instead of patches — there just isn’t an adhesive that does the job well. So you’ll need to use something to seal your tear and hold the patch and that’s why people use stitching.
Is it hard to replace a convertible top?
Convertible tops not only require the material for the top, but also the frame, pads and cables. If you want to trim the cost of your convertible top replacement, then re-use these components when possible. Most vehicles do not require convertible top frames to be replaced in their project.
What kind of fluid goes in a convertible top motor?
NOTE-Pumps and cylinders purchased from Convertible Top Specialists may be filled with fluid, this fluid will either be Dextron III automatic transmission fluid or mineral hydraulic oil. The fluids are compatible with each other but not with brake fluid.
How does a hardtop convertible work?
In most hardtop convertibles, the driver pushes a button that causes the top to fold itself in half. The side windows roll down, the trunk opens its gaping maw, and the hardtop lowers itself into it.
How does a convertible top motor work?
The convertible motor drives the pump which is connected to the motor at one end and the fluid reservoir on the other end. The pump generates a pressure varying from 300 to 450 psi. It is fitted in the trunk area and supplies hydraulic fluid to the lift cylinders which are mounted on either side of the vehicle.
Is Chrysler Sebring a reliable car?
Above all for my chrysler sebring to be used when it was purchased it has been a very dependable car. I have had major electrical issues with my 2002 Chrysler Sebring Sedan.
When did they stop making Chrysler Sebring?
The Chrysler Sebring (/ˈsiːbrɪŋ/ SEE-bring) is a line of mid-size automobiles that was sold from 1995 through 2010 by Chrysler. Three generations of convertibles, two generations of sedans, and two generations of coupes were produced.
How much is a 2004 Chrysler Sebring convertible worth?
2004 Chrysler Sebring Value – $350-$4,213 | Edmunds.
How do you close a Mustang convertible top manually?
To close the convertible top:
- Bring the vehicle to a complete stop.
- Press and hold the convertible top switch until the windows lower completely and the top unfolds and moves forward toward the windshield header.
- Continue pressing the convertible top switch to cl.
How do you adjust the top on a convertible Mustang?
Ford Mustang Service Manual: Material
- Move the convertible top to the half-open position to access the cam bolt.
- NOTE: Rotating the top of the cam bolt toward the front of the vehicle will lengthen the top, increase the tension on the top and increase pull-down effort.
- Make sure the convertible top operate correctly.
- Remove the screws.
- Remove the speakers.