- 1 What are the warning signs on a BMW?
- 2 What do BMW warning lights mean?
- 3 What does exclamation mark mean on BMW?
- 4 What are the symbols on my dashboard?
- 5 Why are BMW dash lights Orange?
- 6 What does orange oil light mean on BMW?
- 7 What does a yellow triangle mean in a BMW?
- 8 What does half engine light mean on BMW?
- 9 What coolant do I put in my BMW?
- 10 What does orange light with exclamation mark mean?
- 11 How do I reset the exclamation mark on my BMW?
- 12 What does the yellow light mean on dashboard?
- 13 What does the orange symbol mean in a car?
- 14 What does P mean on a car dashboard?
What are the warning signs on a BMW?
BMW DASHBOARD WARNING LIGHTS
- Red – Communicates a warning that requires immediate attention.
- Orange and Yellow – Designates a warning that is not critical but requires attention as soon as possible.
- Blue and Green – Indicates the BMW features or technology that is currently active.
What do BMW warning lights mean?
In general, the color of the illuminated symbol will convey how severe the issue is. Red indicates an issue that requires immediate attention. Orange indicates a less urgent issue, such as a vehicle service requirement. Blue and green give you information on lights and indicators.
What does exclamation mark mean on BMW?
Engine: If the engine light comes on, your BMW vehicle needs immediate attention. The symbol means there is an issue with your engine, its emissions, or components. Steering System: A steering wheel with an exclamation mark means there is an issue with your steering system.
What are the symbols on my dashboard?
15 Common Warning Lights on Your Car’s Dashboard
- Oil Pressure Light.
- Tire Pressure Warning Light.
- Engine Temperature Warning.
- Traction Control Light.
- Anti-lock Brake Warning Light.
- Traction Control Malfunction.
- Engine Warning (Check Engine Light)
- Battery Alert.
Why are BMW dash lights Orange?
Heilmer told me that BMW’s characteristic orange-red hue is generated by light at a wavelength of 605 nanometers. The color was chosen to allow the driver to clearly see the instrument cluster, but also to be able to adjust to the darkness outside the vehicle quickly after looking up.
What does orange oil light mean on BMW?
Engine Oil Level – when the light with the image of an oil can lights yellow/orange after you turn off the key, the oil level is low and you should add oil soon. If this light illuminates yellow/orange while the engine is running, the oil level is below minimum safe operating level and you should add oil immediately.
What does a yellow triangle mean in a BMW?
on the key pad hit menu then on the screen you’ll go vehicle status>check control and itll read all messages that cause the triangle. yellow usually just means a message that is not urgent i.e low fuel and or tire pressure and read is more urgent like door open or no seatbelt.
What does half engine light mean on BMW?
Half Check Engine Light
Half Yellow 1/2 ‘check engine‘ light indicates an engine-related problem that will affect the power output. The engine ECU will cut down the power output to protect the engine. You might also have some driveability issues. Yet, even with this fault, your BMW will still get you home.
What coolant do I put in my BMW?
You can use a BMW Coolant Antifreeze or a BMW 82-14-2-209-769 Antifreeze. Both coolants are highly effective on all BMW models. They have no nitrite or phosphate, the major corrosion catalysts. They give your engine and cooling system optimal protection against boil overs, heat damage, and corrosion.
What does orange light with exclamation mark mean?
This dashboard light looks like a tire with an exclamation point in it and means that the tire pressure in at least one of your tires is low and underinflated. You’ll want to check your tire’s air pressure immediately. You still should check your tire pressure once a month.
How do I reset the exclamation mark on my BMW?
Re: Red exclamation mark on dashboard??
Press in the end of the stalk to select. Press and hold for about 5 seconds and a tick should appear then just drive off and it will reset on the move.
What does the yellow light mean on dashboard?
Orange or yellow dashboard lights remind you that something needs to be serviced soon, like an oil change, or that something is wrong with your emissions system. Green or blue symbols indicate a system is working properly or a system is on, such as when your high beam headlights are on.
What does the orange symbol mean in a car?
Red is the equivalent of stop, and means the problem needs investigating immediately; orange or amber is an advisory signal, suggesting drivers will need to take action; and green says all is clear and serves as a helpful reminder. Here’s a helpful guide to the most common dashboard warning lights.
What does P mean on a car dashboard?
The letter P is shown above for “Park”. It is inside the circle in brackets, which is always used to represent brakes. The symbol holding the whole word is also a park brake indicator, but may indicate an electric park brake fault. Click here for more.