- 1 Is the 2014 Acura MDX a good car?
- 2 What problems do Acura MDX have?
- 3 What years did the Acura MDX have transmission problems?
- 4 What is the best year for Acura MDX?
- 5 How many miles can Acura MDX last?
- 6 Is it expensive to maintain an Acura MDX?
- 7 Is Acura MDX a reliable car?
- 8 Should I buy Acura MDX?
- 9 Does Acura MDX require premium gas?
- 10 Which is better MDX or QX60?
- 11 Is Acura better than Lexus?
- 12 What is Acura MDX comparable to?
- 13 Which is better RX 350 or MDX?
- 14 What is the most reliable Acura?
Is the 2014 Acura MDX a good car?
The 2014 Acura MDX is a good all-around vehicle and a good car for families. It has ample power, a quality interior, and excellent safety ratings. The engine has ample power, and the MDX feels fairly quick driving around town. Front-wheel drive is standard and all-wheel drive is available.
What problems do Acura MDX have?
The main category of concern for the Acura MDX in the 2001 model is the transmission for the users and NHTSA, who lodged early 90 complaints in this category. The top user problems deal with transmission failure, the transmission jerking, the torque converter and the column shift.
What years did the Acura MDX have transmission problems?
Repairing it would mean the replacement of both the transmission and the converter together, which would cost around $5,000. This turned out to be a common issue with the Acura MDX from the years 2003-2007. The model years 2001-2003 saw the slippage of the gears in the transmission.
What is the best year for Acura MDX?
1. 2015 Acura MDX. For a car that scores 94% based on reliability comfort, value for money, exterior styling, interior design and performance, the 2015 Acura MDX deserves to clinch the top spot in this lineup.
How many miles can Acura MDX last?
The acura mdx should be able to last longer than 200,000 miles as long as you do the regular maintenance. the most important thing to get a car to last a long time is always doing all the servicing.
Is it expensive to maintain an Acura MDX?
Low maintenance costs
According to Edmunds, the average Acura MDX requires around $4,500 worth of maintenance over five years. By comparison, the Infiniti QX80 may cost over $5,000 to maintain over the same period. The Acura MDX’s impressive gas mileage also helps ownership costs low each year.
Is Acura MDX a reliable car?
The Acura MDX Reliability Rating is 4.0 out of 5.0, which ranks it 2nd out of 14 for luxury midsize SUVs. The average annual repair cost is $571 which means it has average ownership costs. The severity of repairs is low while frequency of those issues is average, so major issues are uncommon for the MDX.
Should I buy Acura MDX?
It is hard to expect a decent fuel economy from a luxury third-row SUV, but the 2020 Acura MDX manages it. This vehicle gets up to 20 mpg in the city and 27 mpg on the highway. For this class, these numbers aren’t too shabby and help make this well-priced luxury SUV all the more attractive.
Does Acura MDX require premium gas?
According to the manufacturer, premium gas is required only for the Acura NSX. However, it is recommended for the MDX, RDX, TLX, RLX, and ILX for optimal performance.
Which is better MDX or QX60?
Since its introduction in 2001, Acura has demonstrated that the MDX is very reliable, plus it offers excellent resale value. It also delivers a far better ride than the QX60. For its part, the QX60 offers more space for the family with a third row of seats, a better layout inside and a more attractive look.
Is Acura better than Lexus?
With more wins in head-to-head comparisons between individual categories and vehicle classes, Lexus comes out as the better brand for the majority of consumers. Lexus comes out on top when it comes to predicted reliability ratings and fuel economy, while Acura leads with its performance and spacious interiors.
What is Acura MDX comparable to?
10 Acura MDX Competitors to Consider
- Audi Q7.
- BMW X5.
- GMC Acadia Denali.
- Honda Pilot.
- Infiniti QX60.
- Land Rover Discovery.
- Lexus RXL.
- Lincoln MKT.
Which is better RX 350 or MDX?
The Acura MDX offers greater seating capacity than the Lexus RX 350, making it a better choice for those who find themselves chauffeuring others around. With the Acura MDX, you’ll be able to haul more equipment or luggage than the Lexus RX 350.
What is the most reliable Acura?
The Best Used Acura Models You Can Buy These Days
- 2019 MDX Hybrid. If you desire a roomy, comfortable crossover SUV with great fuel economy, look no further than the 2019 Acura MDX Hybrid.
- 2016 TLX. RELATED: Reliable To the Death — the 2020 Acura RLX.
- 2016 ILX. Perhaps you prefer something a little smaller.
- 2017 RLX.
- 2017 NSX.