- 1 What do my dashboard warning lights mean?
- 2 What are the symbols on my dashboard?
- 3 Why are my dashboard lights not working?
- 4 How do I get the warning lights off my dashboard?
- 5 Can you drive with electronic throttle control light on?
- 6 Why are all the lights on my dashboard flashing?
- 7 What does an orange engine light mean?
- 8 What does P mean on a car dashboard?
- 9 Why has my engine management light came on?
- 10 When your car won’t start but all the lights come on?
- 11 Where is the fuse for the dashboard?
- 12 How do I reset my dash gauges?
- 13 What is the most dangerous light on your dashboard?
- 14 How do you reset a check engine light without a scanner?
- 15 What is the most common reason for check engine light?
What do my dashboard warning lights mean?
Your vehicle’s dashboard light plays an important role. These lights indicate an issue with your car that needs either an immediate action or checking. Transmission Temperature. Indicator light means the engine temperature has exceeded normal limits. Check coolant level, fan operation, radiator cap, coolant leaks.
What are the symbols on my dashboard?
15 Common Warning Lights on Your Car’s Dashboard
- Oil Pressure Light.
- Tire Pressure Warning Light.
- Engine Temperature Warning.
- Traction Control Light.
- Anti-lock Brake Warning Light.
- Traction Control Malfunction.
- Engine Warning (Check Engine Light)
- Battery Alert.
Why are my dashboard lights not working?
If the dashboard isn’t lighting up at all, your car might have blown a fuse. Removing the old fuse and replacing it should get the lights working again. While the new fuse may do the trick, it could also indicate a deeper electrical problem.
How do I get the warning lights off my dashboard?
How to Reset the Warning Lights on the Dash
- Open the hood of your vehicle.
- Loosen the nut that holds the negative terminal to the battery with the pliers.
- Completely remove the cable from the negative battery terminal.
- Leave the battery disconnected for 10 minutes to ensure that the computer is fully reset.
Can you drive with electronic throttle control light on?
Can I drive with the throttle control light on? Yes, usually, but you should go straight to a repair shop. There can be many different causes for the throttle control warning light, so a proper diagnosis is key.
Why are all the lights on my dashboard flashing?
Flickering dashboard lights are a problem, but they usually don’t indicate a problem with the dash itself. Rather, it’s often caused by a dying car battery or a failing alternator (which charges the battery when your vehicle is running).
What does an orange engine light mean?
Check engine lights come in orange, yellow or amber, depending on the manufacturer. If the light begins flashing, however, it indicates a more serious problem, such as a misfire that can quickly overheat the catalytic converter.
What does P mean on a car dashboard?
The letter P is shown above for “Park”. It is inside the circle in brackets, which is always used to represent brakes. The symbol holding the whole word is also a park brake indicator, but may indicate an electric park brake fault. Click here for more.
Why has my engine management light came on?
Your engine management light may come on if the oxygen sensor detects your car is running fuel which is too rich or too lean. There may also be a fault with the sensor. In a petrol car, issues with your spark plugs or coils may cause the engine management light to come on.
When your car won’t start but all the lights come on?
This is usually due to battery failure, poor connections, damaged battery terminals, or a dead battery. Another sign of your “car won’t start, but lights come on” issue is that you have to jiggle the key to start the car. This shows you have a bad ignition switch, and the solenoid is not being activated.
Where is the fuse for the dashboard?
Step 1: Locate the fuse for the dashboard lights.
This fuse will be located inside one of the fuse boxes for the vehicle. The fuse boxes may be hidden under the hood near the engine or tucked away under the dashboard. Refer to the owner’s manual of your car if you are having trouble locating the fuse.
How do I reset my dash gauges?
Push and release the Sel/reset button button 3 times repeatedly. The instrument cluster begins its self-test. Each successive press of the Sel/reset button initiates a new cycling of all the gauges. To end, turn the ignition switch to OFF, or vehicle speed exceeds 1.5 mph.
What is the most dangerous light on your dashboard?
Some people have driven for months with the check engine light on. The bottom line: make sure everyone in your family knows which warning lights are just a reminder, and which could destroy your engine in a few minutes (red oil light being the most dangerous), so you don’t waste your money.
How do you reset a check engine light without a scanner?
If it does not go off, then your engine has a problem.
- 4 Ways to Turn off the “Check Engine” Light. Method.
- Drive Your Car and Let the Light Go off by Itself.
- Turn the Car on and off Three Times.
- Disconnect and Reconnect the Battery.
- Use an OBD Code Reader.
What is the most common reason for check engine light?
Common causes of a check engine light
Gas cap is loose: Tighten the gas cap. If you’ve lost it, replace it with a new one. Oxygen sensor is bad: You’ll need a new sensor — but identify which one is bad first. Spark plugs may be fouled or failing: Replace the spark plugs.