- 1 How much is a transmission for a 2003 Acura TL?
- 2 Do Acura TL have transmission problems?
- 3 How much does it cost to fix an Acura TL transmission?
- 4 What is a 2003 Acura TL 3.2 worth?
- 5 Are Acura cars expensive to maintain?
- 6 How do I reset my Acura TL transmission?
- 7 What is the best year Acura TL?
- 8 How many miles can a Acura TL last?
- 9 Why was the Acura TL discontinued?
- 10 Is it cheaper to rebuild a transmission or replace it?
- 11 Is it worth it to fix transmission?
- 12 How would I know if my transmission is going bad?
- 13 How much is a 2003 Acura TL worth?
- 14 Is a 2003 Acura TL a good car?
- 15 How much is a 2003 Acura MDX worth?
How much is a transmission for a 2003 Acura TL?
Most owners simply replaced the transmission in their 2003 TL. Unfortunately for their wallets, the average cost for these transmission replacements was about $2,800.
Do Acura TL have transmission problems?
Acura TL transmission problems
The worst category of problems with the Acura TL is with the transmission. This dreaded problem, transmission failure, showed up the most in the 2003 Acura TL. Acura TL owners who bought production years 2003-2009 and 2012 also had complained about transmission problems.
How much does it cost to fix an Acura TL transmission?
Know what price you should pay to get your vehicle fixed. The average cost for an Acura TL automatic transmission diagnosis is between $88 and $111. Labor costs are estimated between $88 and $111.
What is a 2003 Acura TL 3.2 worth?
Enter a zip and mileage to find market value in your area
|Average Market Value||$3,367|
|Low Market Value||$2,525|
|High Market Value||$4,208|
Are Acura cars expensive to maintain?
Cost of Acura Maintenance
They are also not expensive to maintain. According to YourMechanic.com, Acura ranks 11th out of 30 on a list of the most and least expensive cars to maintain. Based on estimates of total vehicle maintenance over a decade, the cost for Acura is $9,800.
How do I reset my Acura TL transmission?
Here are the instructions for doing a transmission reset.
- Push the START/STOP button: press it twice without pressing the brake pedal. DO NOT START THE ENGINE.
- Your Acura dash lights should be on at this point.
- After the transmission has reset, the CEL will go off.
- Turn the car off and restart it.
What is the best year Acura TL?
In 1986, the Honda Motor Company introduced Acura to the United States as its luxury vehicle lineup. The Acura TL is an entry-level, compact executive sedan.
How many miles can a Acura TL last?
500K or more depending on typical use. Typically, a well maintained engine is one of the last things to fail. Under ideal use, most any modern engine will last 1,000,000 miles.
Why was the Acura TL discontinued?
The TL saw initial success, being Acura’s best-selling vehicle up until 2007 when the MDX took over and spent some time ranked second-best in the US among all luxury sedan sales. Sales peaked at over 78,000 in 2005, but after a slow decline, Acura decided to cease production of the vehicle in 2014.
Is it cheaper to rebuild a transmission or replace it?
Generally, if a repair estimate costs more than a rebuild, then the rebuild is the service to go with. If the cost of a replacement transmission costs less than a repair or rebuild, then the replacement is the best alternative. Most importantly, you should only use the services of transmission professionals.
Is it worth it to fix transmission?
If your vehicle is 20+ years old and has over 275k miles on it, then the cost of repair or replacement is most likely higher than the value of the vehicle. In this case, it’s typically not worth getting the car fixed unless it holds significant sentimental value.
How would I know if my transmission is going bad?
More common in a car with automatic transmission, a grinding or shaking that occurs when the gears change is often a sure indication that your transmission has a problem. Humming, whining, or clunking noises—none are good sounds to hear in your car. Let a local mechanic take a look.
How much is a 2003 Acura TL worth?
2003 Acura TL Value – $470-$3,059 | Edmunds.
Is a 2003 Acura TL a good car?
Excellent value, comfortable front seats, impressive power from the Type-S engine, long list of standard equipment. Average interior materials, lacks the panache of some competing luxury sedans.
How much is a 2003 Acura MDX worth?
2003 Acura MDX Value – $758-$2,909 | Edmunds.