- 1 How much is a 1979 Corvette worth?
- 2 What year Corvette is worth the most money?
- 3 Do Corvettes have good resale value?
- 4 How much horsepower did a 1978 Corvette have?
- 5 What was the worst Corvette?
- 6 Is a 1979 Corvette a stingray?
- 7 What is the most sought after Corvette?
- 8 What is the best Corvette for the money?
- 9 What year Corvettes are collectible?
- 10 Why do Corvettes depreciate so fast?
- 11 Are old Corvettes a good investment?
- 12 What is the most popular color for a Corvette?
- 13 How fast is a 1978 Corvette?
- 14 What is the best year C3 Corvette?
- 15 How do I know if I have L48 or L82?
How much is a 1979 Corvette worth?
Everywhere I look it appears that $12,000 is still a high price for a ’79 Corvette. I agree with littlehorn, $8,000-$12,000 would be a good asking price for a good condition ’79. 6 people found this helpful.
What year Corvette is worth the most money?
The most expensive Chevrolet Corvette ever sold in an auction setting is a 1967 Corvette L88 Coupe. That super limited model — only 20 L88s were built — fetched $3.85 million at the Barrett-Jackson in Scottsdale, Arizona back in 2014.
Do Corvettes have good resale value?
The 2020 Corvette has the best resale value of any sports car currently on sale, according to Kelley Blue Book. The vehicle valuation experts at KBB estimate the 2020 Corvette will retain 54.9% of its original sale price after five years of ownership.
How much horsepower did a 1978 Corvette have?
1978 Corvette Specifications
Horsepower for the ‘78 Corvette rose to 175/185 base and to 220 for the L82 option. Despite this, sales declined for the first time in seven years, easing to 46,776. 1 X 4-bbl.
What was the worst Corvette?
15 Absolute “Worst” Corvettes Ever Made
- 1988 Commemorative Edition.
- 1987 Callaway Twin Turbo.
- 1984 Corvette.
- 1974 LS4 454.
- 1971 C3 Corvette.
- 1977 C3.
- 1995 Pace Car Replica.
- 1998 Pace Car.
Is a 1979 Corvette a stingray?
The Stingray name started again in 1969 as bovan says, and ended in 1976. 1977 and on are not considered “Stingrays” by name but many people think the name refers to the entire group of similarly styled vetes from ’68 to ’82. 3 people found this helpful.
What is the most sought after Corvette?
Here are the five rarest Corvettes.
- 1971 Chevrolet Corvette ZR2 — 12 built. Created with Raphaël 2.1.2.
- 1971 Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 — 8 built. Created with Raphaël 2.1.2.
- 1963 Chevrolet Corvette Grand Sport — 5 built.
- 1986 Chevrolet Corvette in “Copper Metallic” — 4 built.
- 1969 Chevrolet Corvette ZL1 — 2 built.
What is the best Corvette for the money?
Which Are the Best Used Corvettes to Buy?
- 1987 Chevrolet Corvette. 1987 Chevrolet Corvette takes the top place among affordable and classic used Corvettes for sale in KY.
- 2010 Chevrolet Corvette ZR1.
- 2011 Corvette Z06.
- 2016 Chevy Corvette Stingray Z51.
- 2017 Chevy Corvette Grand Sport.
- 2018 Chevy Corvette Grand Sport.
What year Corvettes are collectible?
1973 454 Corvette
A car of a particular year model that was of significance makes a wonderful conversation piece within one’s collection. This is precisely the reason that the 1973 454 Corvette makes a great Corvette for first-time collectors.
Why do Corvettes depreciate so fast?
Simply because, despite being America’s only Sports Car, they are still a mass produced commodity. There are enough Corvettes produced yearly that they are not rare or exclusive. Simply put, supply and demand dictate the value.
Are old Corvettes a good investment?
Corvettes have already had big run-ups in value. To buy into a Corvette that has a lot of appreciation potential, you’re going to need to spend a lot of money up front. To directly answer your question, Corvettes from 1953-1972 have the most upside potential.
What is the most popular color for a Corvette?
Not surprisingly, Torch Red remains the most popular 2020 Corvette exterior color, followed by Arctic White with 15% of orders and Black with 12%. Rounding out the top five most popular colors are Sebring Orange Tintcoat Metallic and Elkhart Lake Blue Metallic, both of which have 7% of the order ratio.
How fast is a 1978 Corvette?
Not only will it run faster now — the L-82 version with four-speed is certainly the fastest American production car, while the base L-48 automatic (0-60: 7.8 seconds, top speed: 123 mph) is no slouch — but general driveability and road manners are of a high order as well.
What is the best year C3 Corvette?
For its time, the 1982 Collector Edition Corvettes were considered one of the best C3 models of them all.
How do I know if I have L48 or L82?
The L82 featured many different components than the L48. The L82 had larger heads and valves, four-bolt mains, forged steel crank, different pistons and aluminum intake. Although the cam is stronger in the L82, it’s physically identical to the L48. The L82 had 2.02-inch valves and the L48 measures 1.94 inches.