- 1 Can you use any remote for a DVD player?
- 2 Can you replace a DVD remote?
- 3 Can you use a universal remote on a portable DVD player?
- 4 Can I download a universal remote for my DVD player?
- 5 Can I use my iPhone as a DVD remote?
- 6 How do I connect my remote to my DVD player?
- 7 What do I do if I lost my TV remote?
- 8 Why is my DVD remote not working?
- 9 How do I program a universal remote without a code?
- 10 How do you program a universal remote without a TV?
- 11 Can I use my phone as a remote without IR Blaster?
- 12 Can you use your phone as a universal remote?
- 13 How can I use my phone as a remote for my DVD player?
Can you use any remote for a DVD player?
Use a Universal Remote Control
You can often use the same remote to control your TV, DVD player, Blu-ray player, cable box and other entertainment equipment. If it works properly, you won’t need a separate remote for that device.
Can you replace a DVD remote?
Replace with Universal Remote Control
Directly go to the store and get it. You can find them at not only electric stores but may find them at supermarkets, or drug stores. Or, you can order online. If you need a replacement of a remote for your TV or DVD Players, you can get a decent one for around $10.
Can you use a universal remote on a portable DVD player?
A malfunctioning or lost remote that comes with the DVD player can be replaced with a universal remote. The universal remote can be purchased at a drugstore or hobby shop and will access all of the DVD player’s features once it has been programmed.
Can I download a universal remote for my DVD player?
Smart IR Remote is the best universal remote app. It has a list of literally thousands of supported devices. Apart from Sony phones, this app works perfectly on all the Android phones. You could control TV, VCR, DVD players, AC with it.
Can I use my iPhone as a DVD remote?
Turn iPhone and iPad into Universal Remote Control
Next Guide Remote by Dijit: Next Guide Remote by Dijit is an app that allows you to control TV, DVD players, Xbox and many more devices from your iPhone, iPad & iPod touch.
How do I connect my remote to my DVD player?
How to find the code that operates your TV, DVD Player, Blu-Ray Player or VCR
- Turn on the device.
- On the remote control, press the corresponding device button – “TV”, “DVD” or “AUX.”
- Press and hold the “RCU SETUP” button until the device key blinks twice.
- Press “9” “9” “0” using the number pad on the remote.
What do I do if I lost my TV remote?
If you lose the remote…
- Get the app: Download the Samsung Smart View app, also available for both iOS and Android products, as well as Windows for you PC.
- Connect the app to your TV: Like above, you‘ll need to make sure that the phone or tablet you’re using is connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your TV.
Why is my DVD remote not working?
Replace the batteries in the remote. By far the most common cause of a remote that loses functionality is that the batteries have simply gone dead. Remove the remote’s batteries and replace them to see if this restores the remote.
How do I program a universal remote without a code?
Hold down the Power button along with the button for the item for which you want to program your remote. Release both buttons when prompted. When your remote control’s LED light turns on and stays on, you can release the item’s button and the Power button. Point your remote at the item for which you want to program it.
How do you program a universal remote without a TV?
How to Program a Remote With the TV Turned Off
- Press and hold the “Program” button on your remote.
- Choose the “TV” option on your remote.
- Enter the code in your remote’s manual that correlates to your TV using the remote’s number pad.
- Press the “Program” button again to finish programming the remote.
Can I use my phone as a remote without IR Blaster?
Yes it is possible to use your android phone as a TV remote without an Ir blaster, but you need to have a smart TV which can connect to WiFi or Bluetooth (I’ve less idea about smart TVs, guessing they provide Bluetooth connectivity too), or else it won’t be possible to make it into a remote.
Can you use your phone as a universal remote?
Many Android phones come with an embedded infrared “blaster” that uses the same technology as old-school remotes. All you need to do is download a universal remote app like AnyMote Smart IR Remote, IR Universal Remote or Galaxy Universal Remote to use your phone to control any device that receives an IR signal.
How can I use my phone as a remote for my DVD player?
By downloading Peel universal smart remote App from Google Play store you can control your Blu-ray player through your android phone. And for this, you don’t need an IR – blaster too. Yeah, you are reading it right. Peel smart remote app can connect via Wifi and doesn’t need an IR.