- 1 Which engine oil is best for BMW?
- 2 What oil does a BMW 528i use?
- 3 Is the E39 the best BMW?
- 4 How much oil does a 2000 BMW 528i take?
- 5 What kind of oil goes in a BMW?
- 6 Can I use 5w40 instead of 5W30?
- 7 What is the difference between 5w30 and 5w40 oil?
- 8 Does BMW use synthetic oil?
- 9 Can you get a BMW oil change anywhere?
- 10 How long do BMW engines last?
- 11 Which is the most reliable BMW?
- 12 Why do BMWs not hold their value?
- 13 How much oil does a BMW 528i take?
- 14 What kind of oil does a 2000 BMW 528i take?
- 15 How do I put oil in my BMW 528i?
Which engine oil is best for BMW?
Oil for most BMW passenger vehicles and SAVs:
Mobil 1 SAE 0W-40. Valvoline SynPower SAE 5W-30. Castrol Syntec European Formula SAE 0W-30. Beginning in 2015, BMW is recommending Shell/Pennzoil PurePlus Oils as their aftermarket oil.
What oil does a BMW 528i use?
5W-30 Pento High Performance is a fully synthetic high performance engine oil, developed for the most recent vehicles with extended oil service intervals. Pento HP can be used in all gasoline and diesel engines containing turbochargers as well as non-turbocharged vehicles requiring 5W-30.
Is the E39 the best BMW?
The E39 BMW 5 Series is largely considered the best 5 Series ever made, a claim that we make ourselves. It is the last mechanical-feeling 5 Series and, in our opinion, is the pinnacle of the model. The Telegraph goes on to claim that it’s the best car ever made.
How much oil does a 2000 BMW 528i take?
Model: BMW 5 series, E39 (1995 – 2004)
|Engine||Capacity/Filter capacity litres(liters)|
|523i (1995 – 2000)||M52 B25||6.5|
|525i (2000 – 2004)||M54 B25||6.5|
|528i (1995 – 2001)||M52(TU) B28||6.5|
What kind of oil goes in a BMW?
That’s why Pennzoil is the recommended supplier of genuine BMW Engine Oil in North America. The Original BMW Engine Oil formulated with Pennzoil® PurePlus® Technology is a synthetic motor oil made from natural gas that delivers enhanced engine protection and performance.
Can I use 5w40 instead of 5W30?
Can you put 5W 40 oil in a 5W30 engine? Yes, but its always better to use manufacturer recommended oil grade. A manufacturer can deny warranty claimes because of wrong grade oil. The 5w40 is slightly thicker at operating temperature but pretty much the same thickness when cold.
What is the difference between 5w30 and 5w40 oil?
In practice, this means that each oil is just as viscous at lower temperatures and will remain viscous at -30°C, however 5w40 oil outperforms 5w30 oils at higher temperatures, being effective up to ambient temperatures of 50°C, as opposed to 30°C.
Does BMW use synthetic oil?
That’s why BMW recommends the exclusive use of synthetic motor oils inside all BMW engines. It used to be that conventional motor oil was the fluid of choice to lubricate your vehicles.
Can you get a BMW oil change anywhere?
Well, the short answer is: yes, you can take your BMW to any mechanic you want for service and oil changes. A little secret of the dealership world is that ‘service and repair’ is their ‘bread and butter. ‘ That’s why they go all out to ensure that you don’t take your repairs somewhere else.
How long do BMW engines last?
BMW engines can and will run into the 200k miles range as long as you maintain them above BMW standards.
Which is the most reliable BMW?
Below is the list of the 5 most reliable used BMW models and engines.
- 2006-2011 BMW 3 Series.
- 2004 to 2010 BMW 5-Series (E60 and E61)
- 2002 to 2008 BMW 7-Series.
- 2008-2011 BMW 1 Series.
- 2006-2010 BMW X3.
Why do BMWs not hold their value?
There are many reasons here, but it is not just limited to BMWs. Almost all high-volume German-made cars depreciate relatively quickly. The main reason is related to the fact that the German government mandates the use of natural, biodegradable rubber in almost every part of the car.
How much oil does a BMW 528i take?
4.2 quarts Initial FillCarry out oil level check in accordance with instructions from a scan tool.
What kind of oil does a 2000 BMW 528i take?
Valvoline Synthetic Motor Oil 5W-30 1 Quart.
How do I put oil in my BMW 528i?
How to Add Oil BMW 528i (2010-2017)
- Getting Started – Prepare for the repair.
- Open the Hood – How to pop the hood and prop it open.
- Remove Oil Cap – Take off the oil fill cap.
- Add Oil – Determine the correct oil type and add oil.
- Replace Cap – Put the oil fill cap back on the engine.
- More Info. – Additional information on adding oil.