- 1 How much is a 1993 Cadillac DeVille worth?
- 2 What is the best year for Cadillac DeVille?
- 3 Is the Cadillac DeVille reliable?
- 4 What year did they stop making Cadillac Devilles?
- 5 What’s wrong with the Northstar engine?
- 6 What is the best year Cadillac?
- 7 Did Cadillac fix the Northstar engine?
- 8 What year Cadillac has head gasket problems?
- 9 What causes Northstar head gasket failure?
- 10 How long will a Northstar engine last?
- 11 What replaced the Cadillac DeVille?
- 12 What is a 1998 Cadillac DeVille worth?
How much is a 1993 Cadillac DeVille worth?
The value of a used 1993 Cadillac DeVille ranges from $104 to $681, based on vehicle condition, mileage, and options.
What is the best year for Cadillac DeVille?
The 20 Best Cadillac DeVille Models of All-Time
- 2001 Cadillac DeVille.
- 2000 Cadillac DeVille.
- 1999 Cadillac DeVille.
- 1994 Cadillac DeVille Concours.
- 2003 Cadillac DeVille.
- 2005 Cadillac DeVille.
- 2002 Cadillac DeVille.
- 1959 Cadillac DeVille.
Is the Cadillac DeVille reliable?
The DeVille ranks 20th in reliability out of 27 Cadillac models. Its overall PainRank™ of 9.61 is based on relative complaint analysis from 199 owner complaints sent to CarComplaints.com over 16 model years. The DeVille has 3 generations and we’d recommend avoiding the 8th generation which runs from 2000–2005.
What year did they stop making Cadillac Devilles?
A classic nameplate within Cadillac, DeVille was retired by the luxury car brand after the 2005 model year.
What’s wrong with the Northstar engine?
The failures of the head gasket in the Northstar engines caused the engines to run very hot and overheat while driving, which in turn, made the problem worse and get worse faster than it normally would have.
What is the best year Cadillac?
Top Cadillac Models of All Time: 13 Best Used Car Finds
- 1915 Cadillac Type 51. This model introduced both the V8 engine and mass production.
- 1937 Cadillac Phaeton 5859. The 1937 Phaeton 5859 was not built for the masses.
- 1949 Cadillac De Ville. This model started a Cadillac trend.
- 1959 Eldorado Biarritz.
- 1968 De Ville.
- 1975 Coupe DeVille.
- 1982 Eldorado Touring Coupe.
- 1987 Allante.
Did Cadillac fix the Northstar engine?
GM ceased production of the Northstar in 2011. It was replaced by the GM LS small-block OHV engine, used in newer Cadillac V8 models like the CTS-V, marking a step back to a simpler, more reliable pushrod engine design.
What year Cadillac has head gasket problems?
The popular 2000 and 2002 Cadillac DeVilles are prime casualties, with the engine tending to overheat due to a leaking head gasket.
What causes Northstar head gasket failure?
Unfortunately Northstar engine head gasket failures are not limited to the 96-99 model years. Those years are the worst but form my experience just about all Northstar engines are susceptible to head gaskets failures, most commonly after the engine has been overheated due to some other cooling system failure.
How long will a Northstar engine last?
150-200K is rather common. Several here alone. They are known for head gasket problem.
What replaced the Cadillac DeVille?
The Cadillac DTS (short for DeVille Touring Sedan) is a full-size luxury sedan that was produced by Cadillac. It replaced the Cadillac DeVille as Cadillac’s largest luxury car for the 2006 model year.
What is a 1998 Cadillac DeVille worth?
1998 Cadillac DeVille Value – $190-$1,118 | Edmunds.