- 1 How do you reset the airbag light on a Chrysler Sebring?
- 2 What can cause the airbag light to come on?
- 3 Is it safe to drive my car with the airbag light on?
- 4 Can you turn off airbag light?
- 5 Can you reset airbag light without tool?
- 6 Will disconnecting the battery reset the airbag light?
- 7 How much does it cost to fix the airbag light?
- 8 What does the airbag light look like?
- 9 Is there a fuse for airbag light?
- 10 What does the airbag light mean?
How do you reset the airbag light on a Chrysler Sebring?
How to Reset an Airbag Light
- Put the key into the ignition and turn the switch to the “on” position.
- Watch for the airbag light to turn on. It will stay illuminated for seven seconds and then shut itself off. After it shuts off, immediately turn the switch off and wait three seconds.
- Repeat Steps 1 and 2 two more times. Start the engine.
What can cause the airbag light to come on?
A common reason air bag lights come on is because something is interfering with the seat belt switch — the sensor that detects if the belt is properly fastened — which could trigger a false warning light related to the air bags, says Robert Foster, owner of Foster’s Master Tech in Bozeman, Montana.
Is it safe to drive my car with the airbag light on?
It is not safe to drive with the airbag light ON. When the light is on, it means that there is a problem with the airbag system. When there is a problem with the system, it will not deploy the airbags at all in an accident. If your airbags are not functional in a crash, it may cause death or serious injuries.
Can you turn off airbag light?
Luckily, you can reset and turn off your airbag light. You can also recheck the connectors in case the light fails to turn off. Turning off the airbag light yourself can save you a trip to your car dealer.
Can you reset airbag light without tool?
It is impossible in most car models to reset the airbag light without a scanner. This is for safety cautions because you should always repair the fault after the airbag light occurred. Luckily, in many car models, the airbag light will also go away by itself if you have repaired the problem.
Will disconnecting the battery reset the airbag light?
Often, all it takes to get rid of that pesky warning light is to reset your airbag sensor. Remove the terminal clamp and leave it disconnected for 5-10 seconds to allow the airbag sensor to reset. Then reconnect the battery terminal and turn the vehicle on. With a bit of luck, the light will stay off.
How much does it cost to fix the airbag light?
The average airbag sensor cost is $250 to $350 for the sensor part. If you are planning on having a mechanic replace the sensor then you are going to have to pay the mechanic a labor cost as well so keep that in mind.
What does the airbag light look like?
The SRS warning light on the dashboard usually looks like a side view of a person sitting in a seat with a seat belt on, with a large circle (the airbag) in front of the person. But if it stays on while you drive, or comes on while you’re driving, it indicates a problem with your airbags or some other part of the SRS.
Is there a fuse for airbag light?
One fuse in particular, fuse #13 is a likely culprit. If your airbag light is on and your rear windshield wiper doesn’t work, then it’s a pretty good indication that you need to change fuse #13 and possibly others. Blown fuses can definitely cause the airbag light to come on.
What does the airbag light mean?
The light coming on tells you that there’s a problem with your car’s airbag system. The first and most important thing to remember if your airbag warning light comes on is that, should you be involved in an accident, your airbags will not deploy.