- 1 Is a 2004 Acura TL a good car?
- 2 Does 2004 Acura TL have transmission problems?
- 3 How much is a 2004 Acura TL worth?
- 4 Is Acura TL a good used car?
- 5 Does 2004 Acura TL need premium gas?
- 6 Do Acura TL have transmission problems?
- 7 What year Acura TL is best?
- 8 How long will an Acura TL last?
- 9 What are signs that my transmission is going out?
- 10 Are repairs on acuras expensive?
- 11 How much does it cost to replace an Acura TL transmission?
- 12 Does Acura TL have VTEC?
- 13 Why was Acura TL discontinued?
- 14 What is the best used Acura to buy?
- 15 Is the Acura TL good on gas?
Is a 2004 Acura TL a good car?
The Acura TL provides an excellent blend of comfort, convenience, and sportiness. With taut and and agile handling, it is also among the quickest and most fuel-efficient offerings in its class. We also liked the impressive interior, comfortable ride and quiet cabin. There are 6 recalls on this vehicle.
Does 2004 Acura TL have transmission problems?
Some 03 & 04 TLs Have Been Recalled For Possible Over-Heating Automatic Transmission 2nd Gears Which Can Chip Or Break And Even Lock-Up The Transmission. The recall included some 2003 TLs (3.2TL) and some 2004 TLs (in a certain VIN range).
How much is a 2004 Acura TL worth?
2004 Acura TL Value – $503-$3,548 | Edmunds.
Is Acura TL a good used car?
Acura TL Ratings Overview
The average rating is a 4.4 out of 5 stars. The Acura TL Reliability Rating is 4.0 out of 5. It ranks 2nd out of 32 for all car brands. Learn more about Acura TL Reliability Ratings.
Does 2004 Acura TL need premium gas?
The answer to the question,”Do all Acuras require premium gas?” is no — but it’s recommended that you use a higher-octane fuel in your Acura for a number of reasons. However, Acura does recommend premium gas for the MDX, RDX, TLX, RLX, and ILX, so you can get the most out of your vehicle on the Fletcher streets.
Do Acura TL have transmission problems?
Acura TL transmission problems
The worst category of problems with the Acura TL is with the transmission. This dreaded problem, transmission failure, showed up the most in the 2003 Acura TL. Acura TL owners who bought production years 2003-2009 and 2012 also had complained about transmission problems.
What year Acura TL is best?
The 2008 Acura TL Is One of the Best Used Acura Model You Can Buy. In 1986, the Honda Motor Company introduced Acura to the United States as its luxury vehicle lineup. The Acura TL is an entry-level, compact executive sedan.
How long will an Acura TL last?
500K or more depending on typical use. Typically, a well maintained engine is one of the last things to fail. Under ideal use, most any modern engine will last 1,000,000 miles.
What are signs that my transmission is going out?
Transmission Trouble: 10 Warning Signs You Need Repair
- Refusal to Switch Gears. If your vehicle refuses or struggles to change gears, you’re more than likely facing a problem with your transmission system.
- Burning Smell.
- Neutral Noises.
- Slipping Gears.
- Dragging Clutch.
- Leaking Fluid.
- Check Engine Light.
- Grinding or Shaking.
Are repairs on acuras expensive?
Acura is one of the more affordable cars in the luxury segment. As Honda’s luxury division, Acura vehicles are known for good performance, quality, and reliability. According to auto repair and maintenance information website RepairPal, Acura repair costs across all models are around $501 per year.
How much does it cost to replace an Acura TL transmission?
Cost to rebuild or replace your transmission Avner says the average cost of a rebuilt transmission is $2,800 to $3,800, and the average cost of a replacement transmission is $4,000 to $8,000.
Does Acura TL have VTEC?
Acceleration and Power
The 2008 Acura TL base model has a 3.2-liter aluminum-alloy VTEC V6 engine under its hood that puts out 258 horsepower and 233 pound-feet of torque.
Why was Acura TL discontinued?
The TL saw initial success, being Acura’s best-selling vehicle up until 2007 when the MDX took over and spent some time ranked second-best in the US among all luxury sedan sales. Sales peaked at over 78,000 in 2005, but after a slow decline, Acura decided to cease production of the vehicle in 2014.
What is the best used Acura to buy?
The Best Used Acura Models You Can Buy These Days
- 2019 MDX Hybrid. If you desire a roomy, comfortable crossover SUV with great fuel economy, look no further than the 2019 Acura MDX Hybrid.
- 2016 TLX. RELATED: Reliable To the Death — the 2020 Acura RLX.
- 2016 ILX. Perhaps you prefer something a little smaller.
- 2017 RLX.
- 2017 NSX.
Is the Acura TL good on gas?
Considerably improved for its third generation, the well-rounded TL has a great blend of comfort, convenience, and sportiness. Motivation comes from a 270-hp, 3.2-liter V6 that returns 23 mpg on premium fuel.