- 1 Is 2009 Acura TL a good car?
- 2 Is Acura TL a reliable car?
- 3 What year Acura TL is best?
- 4 Do Acura TL have VTEC?
- 5 Do Acura TL have transmission problems?
- 6 Does 2009 Acura TL require premium fuel?
- 7 Are Acura TL expensive to maintain?
- 8 How long do Acura TL engines last?
- 9 Why was Acura TL discontinued?
- 10 What is the best Acura?
- 11 What is the most reliable Acura?
- 12 Can you tune a Acura TL?
- 13 What does TL mean in Acura?
- 14 Is Acura TL FWD or RWD?
- 15 Are acuras reliable?
Is 2009 Acura TL a good car?
2009 Acura TL Review
The highly-ranked Acura TL, which was completely overhauled for 2009, offers a compelling blend of comfort, sportiness, luxury and technology. With a top-of-the-class safety rating thrown in, the 2009 Acura TL is a great choice among 2009 midsize cars.
Is Acura TL a reliable car?
The Acura TL Reliability Rating is 4.0 out of 5. It ranks 2nd out of 32 for all car brands.
What year Acura TL is best?
The 2008 Acura TL Is One of the Best Used Acura Model You Can Buy. In 1986, the Honda Motor Company introduced Acura to the United States as its luxury vehicle lineup. The Acura TL is an entry-level, compact executive sedan.
Do Acura TL have VTEC?
Acceleration and Power
The 2008 Acura TL base model has a 3.2-liter aluminum-alloy VTEC V6 engine under its hood that puts out 258 horsepower and 233 pound-feet of torque.
Do Acura TL have transmission problems?
Acura TL transmission problems
The worst category of problems with the Acura TL is with the transmission. This dreaded problem, transmission failure, showed up the most in the 2003 Acura TL. Acura TL owners who bought production years 2003-2009 and 2012 also had complained about transmission problems.
Does 2009 Acura TL require premium fuel?
The answer to the question,”Do all Acuras require premium gas?” is no — but it’s recommended that you use a higher-octane fuel in your Acura for a number of reasons. However, Acura does recommend premium gas for the MDX, RDX, TLX, RLX, and ILX, so you can get the most out of your vehicle on the Fletcher streets.
Are Acura TL expensive to maintain?
Cost of Acura Maintenance
Acura is a luxury brand, but the cost of the vehicles don’t carry the higher luxury price tag. They are also not expensive to maintain. According to YourMechanic.com, Acura ranks 11th out of 30 on a list of the most and least expensive cars to maintain.
How long do Acura TL engines last?
A fairly well designed, well maintained engine should be perfectly happy running 300K at least. 500K or more depending on typical use. Typically, a well maintained engine is one of the last things to fail. Under ideal use, most any modern engine will last 1,000,000 miles.
Why was Acura TL discontinued?
The TL saw initial success, being Acura’s best-selling vehicle up until 2007 when the MDX took over and spent some time ranked second-best in the US among all luxury sedan sales. Sales peaked at over 78,000 in 2005, but after a slow decline, Acura decided to cease production of the vehicle in 2014.
What is the best Acura?
10 Best Acura Models of The Decade
- 8 2012 Acura RL: A Luxurious Sleeper.
- 7 2013 Acura ILX: One Smooth Drive.
- 6 2014 Acura MDX: Roomy And Powerful.
- 5 2015 Acura RLX: The Sleek Sedan.
- 4: A Stylish Crossover.
- 3 2017 Acura NSX: An Incomparable Supercar.
- 2 2018 Acura TLX: The Perfect Executive Sedan.
- 1 2019 Acura RDX: More Luxury, More Power.
What is the most reliable Acura?
The Best Used Acura Models You Can Buy These Days
- 2019 MDX Hybrid. If you desire a roomy, comfortable crossover SUV with great fuel economy, look no further than the 2019 Acura MDX Hybrid.
- 2016 TLX. RELATED: Reliable To the Death — the 2020 Acura RLX.
- 2016 ILX. Perhaps you prefer something a little smaller.
- 2017 RLX.
- 2017 NSX.
Can you tune a Acura TL?
The Power Tune arrives pre-loaded with custom DYNO Proven tuner technology that INCREASES HORSEPOWER and TORQUE! Tuning and programming your vehicle is so easy anyone can do it. Simply plug the Power Tune into your vehicle’s OBDII port to unleash hidden power!
What does TL mean in Acura?
The TL “Touring Luxury” debuted as 1996 model, first with the 1996 2.5 TL available with the 2.5 L 176 hp (131 kW) SOHC 20-valve 5-cylinder engine from the Vigor.
Is Acura TL FWD or RWD?
The Acura TL is a mid-size, front-wheel-drive, four-door sedan powered by a V6 engine.
Are acuras reliable?
Throughout Acura’s entire lineup, each vehicle has a predicted reliability rating between 2.5 out of five and 3.5 out of five. Vehicles like the Acura TLX, which has a 3.5 out of five, help boost the automaker’s score, while the RDX brings the average down with a score of 2.5 out of five.