- 1 What is a StarSCAN tool?
- 2 What is the factory scan tool for Chrysler Jeep vehicles?
- 3 What is the best car diagnostic tool?
- 4 What is wiTECH?
- 5 What is a MicroPOD?
- 6 Which method can be used to reprogram a PCM?
- 7 What diagnostic tools should I buy?
- 8 Is it worth buying an OBD2 Scanner?
- 9 What is the difference between OBD and OBD2?
- 10 How much does wiTECH cost?
- 11 What is a Mopar Micropod 2?
- 12 What is Actuators tab display?
What is a StarSCAN tool?
What is the StarSCAN diagnostic tool? The StarSCAN Diagnostic Scan Tool is an electronic service tool produced by the Chrysler Corporation. back to top. Why is the StarSCAN diagnostic tool necessary? Future Chrysler Group vehicles require capabilities that the DRB III is simply unable to deliver.
What is the factory scan tool for Chrysler Jeep vehicles?
The DRB 3 is a hand-held Chrysler factory scan tool for non-CAN Chrysler vehicles but also has non-CAN, Global, OBD 2 Scan Tool capabilities as well as an oscilloscope.
What is the best car diagnostic tool?
- Kobra Products OBD2 Scan Tool. This Kobra Product unit is a really bankable, standard car diagnostic scanner which, to be frank, is really all you need.
- BlueDriver LSB2 Bluetooth Pro.
- Foxwell OBD2 Scanner.
- Bafx Bluetooth OBD2 Diagnostic Car Scanner.
What is wiTECH?
The wiTECH 2.0 system enables technicians to use many different mobile devices. Vehicle data, as well as service information, can be viewed on tablets, smartphones, and personal computers. In addition, when used with a mobile hotspot, wiTECH 2.0 allows live testing away from the dealership.
What is a MicroPOD?
It replaces your StarMobile, StarScan, and wi-TECH POD, and enables your technicians to increase their productivity and provide world-class diagnostic services to your customers. MOPAR MicroPOD II Features. Supports all the latest technologies and vehicle platforms including the latest Chrysler and Fiat Vehicles.
Which method can be used to reprogram a PCM?
Reprogramming a powertrain control module (PCM) can be done by downloading new calibration files from a personal computer (PC) onto the PCM’s memory.
What diagnostic tools should I buy?
Top 7 Best Car Diagnostic Tools on the Market 2021
- FOXWELL NT301 Professional Enhanced OBDII Diagnostic Code Reader.
- Innova Color Screen with Bluetooth 3160g Code Reader/Scan Tool.
- LAUNCH X431 PROS Mini Automotive Diagnostic Tool.
- BlueDriver Bluetooth Pro OBDII Scan Tool.
Is it worth buying an OBD2 Scanner?
No it is not worth the cost. If you live in the states almost all major auto parts chains (Advance Auto, Autozone, etc) will do a check or even loan you the tool for free. Unless you’re checking codes daily, it’s just not cost prohibitive. The error codes produced by OBD2 are rather generic.
What is the difference between OBD and OBD2?
This is good because OBD scanners were manufacturer specified, meaning one car brand, one OBD scanner. OBD2 is universal, and one scanner tool can support different manufacturers.
How much does wiTECH cost?
The wiTECH System, $5842 plus shipping, includes wiTECH Application, wiTECH Access Gateway, and wiTECH VCI Pod Kit, installation/setup and technical support via phone.
What is a Mopar Micropod 2?
The Mopar Secure Micropod II is the newest Chrysler dealer level diagnostic tool which replaces the existing wiTECH VCI POD and Chrysler Starmobile scan tool.
What is Actuators tab display?
Get Familiar with wiTECH 2.0
It displays the vehicle topology, lists all DTCs set in the vehicle, lists all out-of-date ECUs and their associated flash information, and lists all service actions pertinent to the connected vehicle.