- 1 How do I file a complaint with Chrysler?
- 2 How do I contact Chrysler Corporation?
- 3 How do I contact Dodge with a problem?
- 4 Who bought Chrysler 2020?
- 5 Can you sue a car dealership for selling you a bad car?
- 6 Who do you complain to about a car dealership?
- 7 What can you do if a car dealership sells you a bad car?
- 8 How do I file a complaint with Dodge?
- 9 How long is the Dodge warranty?
- 10 Where did dodge originate?
How do I file a complaint with Chrysler?
If you have a problem with your Chrysler vehicle and need to contact customer service, call toll free 1-800-247-9753. Support is avaiable and open 24 hours each day according to their website and you can write your feedback by mail directly to P.O. Box 21-8004 Auburn Mills, MI 48321.
How do I contact Chrysler Corporation?
For questions and further comments about FCA US LLC, please contact us:
- Customer Care:
- Alfa Romeo 1-844-253-2872 or Send Alfa Romeo a message.
- Chrysler 1-800-CHRYSLER (1-800-247-9753) or Send Chrysler a message.
- Dodge 1-800-4A-DODGE (1-800-423-6343) or Send Dodge a message.
How do I contact Dodge with a problem?
If you’re in need of assistance, please call at 1-800-521-2779 anytime. Specialists are available 24 hours a day. For questions regarding your Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep®, Ram, FIAT® or Alfa Romeo vehicle warranty, please call 1-800-992-1997 anytime. Specialists are available 24 hours a day.
Who bought Chrysler 2020?
FCA and PSA Group have completed the merger announced in 2020, creating Stellantis, now the fourth-biggest automaker in the world by volume. Stellantis becomes the operator of 14 different brands, including Chrysler, Fiat, Jeep, Ram, Peugeot, and Citroën.
Can you sue a car dealership for selling you a bad car?
You can sue a used car dealership for selling you a bad car if they did not properly disclose any known issues with the vehicle. However, before having an auto fraud attorney sue the used car dealership, you will have to prove the following: The dealer misrepresented or omitted material facts.
Who do you complain to about a car dealership?
If your complaint is about: Deceptive car ads or dealers — File a complaint with your state consumer protection agency and the Federal Trade Commission. Auto repair shops — File a complaint with your state consumer protection agency.
What can you do if a car dealership sells you a bad car?
Use the “Lemon Law”
Before you can use it, you must give the manufacturer or dealer a “reasonable number of attempts” to fix the problem. If the dealer cannot fix the problem, the dealer must take back the vehicle and refund your money, including fees and taxes, or replace the vehicle with a comparable set of wheels.
How do I file a complaint with Dodge?
Dodge Contact Information
- Dodge headquarters address. Mailing address needed.
- Company website. www.dodge.com.
- 1-800 phone number. Toll-free number pending.
- Support email address. email@example.com.
- Better Business Bureau rating. A.
- Customer service hours. 24 hours a day.
How long is the Dodge warranty?
We back every Dodge Brand vehicle with the 5-Year/60,000-Mile Powertrain Limited Warranty*. It covers the cost of all parts and labor needed to repair a covered powertrain component. Coverage also includes towing to the nearest Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep® or Ram vehicle dealer, if necessary.
Where did dodge originate?
Horace and John Dodge founded the Dodge Brothers Company in Detroit in 1900, and quickly found work manufacturing precision engine and chassis components for the city’s growing number of automobile firms. Chief among these customers were the established Olds Motor Vehicle Company and the new Ford Motor Company.