- 1 How do I become a Chevy technician?
- 2 Do auto technicians make good money?
- 3 How much does a GM master tech make?
- 4 How much do car technicians get paid?
- 5 What is a GM World Class Technician?
- 6 What is the name of the General Motors technician training program?
- 7 Can a mechanic make 100k?
- 8 What is the highest paid mechanic?
- 9 Is it worth being a mechanic?
- 10 How much do GM employees get paid?
- 11 How much do Cadillac mechanics make?
- 12 How much do mechanics at Chevy dealerships make?
- 13 Is automotive technician a good career?
- 14 HOW MUCH DO IT techs make an hour?
- 15 Are mechanics paid hourly?
How do I become a Chevy technician?
How to Get Chevrolet Dealership Certified
- Complete a GM certification course through a technical institute.
- Complete GM’s ASEP (Automotive Service Educational Program) Course.
- Take one or more GM Fleet Technical Training Courses, or the GM Service Technical College (CTS)
Do auto technicians make good money?
How Much Does an Auto Mechanic Make? Auto Mechanics made a median salary of $42,090 in 2019. The best-paid 25 percent made $56,140 that year, while the lowest-paid 25 percent made $31,250.
How much does a GM master tech make?
General Motors Master Technicians earn $58,000 annually, or $28 per hour, which is 15% higher than the national average for all Master Technicians at $50,000 annually and 13% lower than the national salary average for all working Americans.
How much do car technicians get paid?
How much do automotive service technicians make? In May 2019, the median annual wage for automotive service technicians and mechanics was $42,090, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reports.
What is a GM World Class Technician?
The WCT program provides technicians with the opportunity to validate their knowledge and demonstrate their skills to their employers and – most importantly – to customers in all automotive service areas. They are the “one and only GM expert.”
What is the name of the General Motors technician training program?
The General Motors Automotive Service Educational Program (GM ASEP) is a NATEF certified, two-year cooperative work training program preparing students to be automotive service technicians for General Motors dealerships.
Can a mechanic make 100k?
Sales jobs can bring in six figures depending on commission (the industry average for sales is $43,000 a year, according to the Dealers Association), and technicians or painters can earn between $70,000 and $100,000 a year at a busy location.
What is the highest paid mechanic?
The Top 10 Highest Paying Careers for Mechanics
- #1 Aircraft Mechanic. Job Description.
- #2 Industrial Machinery Mechanic. Job Description.
- #3 Mobile Heavy Equipment Mechanic. Job Description.
- #4 Heating, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration Mechanic. Job Description.
- #5 Diesel Mechanic. Job Description.
- #6 Electrical Mechanic.
- #7 Radio Mechanic.
- #8 Automotive Mechanic.
Is it worth being a mechanic?
Most people who become mechanics do it because they already know cars and perhaps have experience working on their own. Becoming a mechanic can be well worth the effort if you stick with it, and you can make good money doing it, but if you don’t plan on doing it for a living, then just stick to your own car repairs.
How much do GM employees get paid?
As of Mar 2, 2021, the average hourly pay for a GM in the United States is $29.26 an hour. While ZipRecruiter is seeing hourly wages as high as $51.20 and as low as $11.54, the majority of GM wages currently range between $23.08 (25th percentile) to $31.25 (75th percentile) across the United States.
How much do Cadillac mechanics make?
Cadillac Mechanics earn $41,000 annually, or $20 per hour, which is 2% higher than the national average for all Mechanics at $40,000 annually and 47% lower than the national salary average for all working Americans.
How much do mechanics at Chevy dealerships make?
How much does an Automotive Mechanic make at Chevrolet Dealership in the United States? Average Chevrolet Dealership Automotive Mechanic hourly pay in the United States is approximately $23.97, which is 17% above the national average.
Is automotive technician a good career?
If you love working with your hands, building, and problem solving, becoming an automotive technician is a great option. To make matters easier, it requires less formal education than most other jobs, yet still has the potential to become a rewarding career.
HOW MUCH DO IT techs make an hour?
|Annual Salary||Hourly Wage|
Are mechanics paid hourly?
In California, unlike most states, anyone who provides their own tools for work is also entitled to double minimum wage, $9 an hour in the state. Since most mechanics do provide their own tools, they are supposed to earn at least $18 an hour.