- 1 How much oil does a BMW 550i take?
- 2 How much is an oil change for a BMW 550i?
- 3 What oil does a BMW 550i take?
- 4 What kind of oil does a 2011 BMW 550i take?
- 5 Which oil is best for BMW?
- 6 Can I use Mobil 1 in my BMW?
- 7 Do BMWs need special oil?
- 8 How much is a BMW oil change?
- 9 How often should I change the oil on my BMW?
- 10 Can I use Castrol EDGE in my BMW?
- 11 Is Mobil 1 0w40 good for BMW?
- 12 What is the difference between 5w30 and 5w40 oil?
- 13 What is BMW high performance synthetic oil?
- 14 How do you put oil in a BMW 550i?
- 15 Who makes BMW TwinPower Turbo?
How much oil does a BMW 550i take?
Capacity: 4.2 quarts Initial FillCarry out oil level check in accordance with instructions from a scan tool.
How much is an oil change for a BMW 550i?
The average cost for a BMW 550i oil change is between $195 and $232. Labor costs are estimated between $44 and $56 while parts are priced between $151 and $177.
What oil does a BMW 550i take?
5W-30 Pento High Performance is a fully synthetic high performance engine oil, developed for the most recent vehicles with extended oil service intervals.
What kind of oil does a 2011 BMW 550i take?
Castrol Edge Synthetic Motor Oil 5W-40 1 Quart.
Which oil is best for BMW?
That’s why Pennzoil is the recommended supplier of genuine BMW Engine Oil in North America. The Original BMW Engine Oil formulated with Pennzoil® PurePlus® Technology is a synthetic motor oil made from natural gas that delivers enhanced engine protection and performance.
Can I use Mobil 1 in my BMW?
Nope. Only Mobil 1 0W-40 meets BMW’s Long Life 01 spec.
Do BMWs need special oil?
While many car makes can use natural oils, BMWs require synthetic engine oils, with some models having different needs than others. Synthetic oils are synthesized with chemical compounds in a controlled process, eliminating contaminants.
How much is a BMW oil change?
But the average cost for BMW 328i oil change, for instance, is between $135 and $175, says Repair Pal. Some estimates place this higher, up to $250. Labor costs are estimated at between $45 and $65; parts are estimated between $90 and $110, not including taxes and fees.
How often should I change the oil on my BMW?
For drivers of BMW vehicles, 10,000 miles or 12 months is the recommended point at which to have your engine oil and oil filter changed. However, many manufacturers recommend changing your oil every 5,000 miles or 6 months (whichever comes first).
Can I use Castrol EDGE in my BMW?
Yes you can, but Castrol 0w-30 is a better choice, also BMW 5w-30 or M1 0w-40 are all better oils. Yes, that is fine. You don’t need to run 15,000 mile change intevals, so long life is irrelevant.
Is Mobil 1 0w40 good for BMW?
Mobil 1™ 0W–40 Advanced Full Synthetic Motor Oil is engineered for the latest gasoline and diesel (without Diesel Particulate Filters or DPFs) engine technology delivering excellent all-round performance. Mobil 1™ 0W–40 keeps your engine running like new in all driving conditions.
What is the difference between 5w30 and 5w40 oil?
In practice, this means that each oil is just as viscous at lower temperatures and will remain viscous at -30°C, however 5w40 oil outperforms 5w30 oils at higher temperatures, being effective up to ambient temperatures of 50°C, as opposed to 30°C.
What is BMW high performance synthetic oil?
BMW 5W30 High Performance Full Synthetic MOTOR OIL, for use in all BMW cars with gasoline engines, is a 100% full synthetic formula, providing premium lubrication and superior performance even under extreme low or high temperature conditions. It also offers superior performance over conventional motor oils.
How do you put oil in a BMW 550i?
How to Add Oil BMW 550i xDrive (2010-2017)
- Getting Started – Prepare for the repair.
- Open the Hood – How to pop the hood and prop it open.
- Remove Oil Cap – Take off the oil fill cap.
- Add Oil – Determine the correct oil type and add oil.
- Replace Cap – Put the oil fill cap back on the engine.
- More Info. – Additional information on adding oil.
Who makes BMW TwinPower Turbo?
Genuine BMW 10W60 M “TwinPower Turbo” synthetic engine oil is formulated exclusively for BMW M engines from 2001-2013 (including 3/2000+ M5). This is the newest BMW 10W60 oil, now produced by Shell, and replaces the previous Castrol TWS and Edge 10W60 engine oil.