- 1 Is Acura MDX a reliable car?
- 2 What problems do Acura MDX have?
- 3 Which year Acura MDX is best?
- 4 What years did the Acura MDX have transmission problems?
- 5 Why are Acura MDX so cheap?
- 6 Should I buy a used Acura MDX?
- 7 Is Acura MDX worth the money?
- 8 How many miles can Acura MDX last?
- 9 Which is better MDX or QX60?
- 10 What is comparable to Acura MDX?
- 11 Which Acura model is the best?
- 12 What is the most reliable Acura?
- 13 Is Acura better than Lexus?
- 14 Does MDX require premium gas?
- 15 How much does it cost to replace a timing belt on an Acura MDX?
Is Acura MDX a reliable car?
The Acura MDX Reliability Rating is 4.0 out of 5.0, which ranks it 2nd out of 14 for luxury midsize SUVs. The average annual repair cost is $571 which means it has average ownership costs. The severity of repairs is low while frequency of those issues is average, so major issues are uncommon for the MDX.
What problems do Acura MDX have?
The main complaint regarding the Acura MDX involves the electrical system, instead of the typical transmission issues that have plagued the early years. The electrical system had numerous complaints regarding the battery draining, the battery dying, and the car losing all electrical power while driving.
Which year Acura MDX is best?
1. 2015 Acura MDX. For a car that scores 94% based on reliability comfort, value for money, exterior styling, interior design and performance, the 2015 Acura MDX deserves to clinch the top spot in this lineup.
What years did the Acura MDX have transmission problems?
Repairing it would mean the replacement of both the transmission and the converter together, which would cost around $5,000. This turned out to be a common issue with the Acura MDX from the years 2003-2007. The model years 2001-2003 saw the slippage of the gears in the transmission.
Why are Acura MDX so cheap?
One of the big reasons the Acura MDX won KBB’s award is that it’s surprisingly cheap to maintain. Luxury vehicles are made with more expensive materials, which means they’ll cost more to repair than the average car. Luxury dealers may also charge more than regular dealers just to give the car a tune-up.
Should I buy a used Acura MDX?
Is buying a used 2019 Acura MDX a good deal? It is absolutely worth it to purchase the 2019 model because it offers all of the same features (minus the tow hitch) that the 2020 model has to offer. So you’ll be driving the same car and saving about $10,000!
Is Acura MDX worth the money?
Yes, the Acura MDX is a good SUV. It has a capable V6 engine, gets good gas mileage, and handles well. It seats up to seven people and has more cargo space than many other luxury midsize SUVs. The MDX also comes with a lengthy list of standard tech features.
How many miles can Acura MDX last?
The acura mdx should be able to last longer than 200,000 miles as long as you do the regular maintenance. the most important thing to get a car to last a long time is always doing all the servicing.
Which is better MDX or QX60?
Since its introduction in 2001, Acura has demonstrated that the MDX is very reliable, plus it offers excellent resale value. It also delivers a far better ride than the QX60. For its part, the QX60 offers more space for the family with a third row of seats, a better layout inside and a more attractive look.
What is comparable to Acura MDX?
Among premium crossovers, the Acura MDX competes well despite its relative age. The Volvo XC90 is a tech powerhouse and offers a plug-in hybrid version for efficiency-minded buyers. The Buick Enclave is similarly premium, with good interior space in all three rows.
Which Acura model is the best?
10 Best Acura Models of The Decade
- 8 2012 Acura RL: A Luxurious Sleeper.
- 7 2013 Acura ILX: One Smooth Drive.
- 6 2014 Acura MDX: Roomy And Powerful.
- 5 2015 Acura RLX: The Sleek Sedan.
- 4: A Stylish Crossover.
- 3 2017 Acura NSX: An Incomparable Supercar.
- 2 2018 Acura TLX: The Perfect Executive Sedan.
- 1 2019 Acura RDX: More Luxury, More Power.
What is the most reliable Acura?
The Best Used Acura Models You Can Buy These Days
- 2019 MDX Hybrid. If you desire a roomy, comfortable crossover SUV with great fuel economy, look no further than the 2019 Acura MDX Hybrid.
- 2016 TLX. RELATED: Reliable To the Death — the 2020 Acura RLX.
- 2016 ILX. Perhaps you prefer something a little smaller.
- 2017 RLX.
- 2017 NSX.
Is Acura better than Lexus?
The differences between Lexus and Acura
For those who may not know, Lexus is Toyota’s luxury brand and has a great reputation for reliability and quality. On the other hand, Acura is Honda’s luxury brand and while its products are elegant, they tend to focus more on performance, price, and user-friendly experience.
Does MDX require premium gas?
According to the manufacturer, premium gas is required only for the Acura NSX. However, it is recommended for the MDX, RDX, TLX, RLX, and ILX for optimal performance.
How much does it cost to replace a timing belt on an Acura MDX?
The average cost for an Acura MDX timing belt replacement is between $901 and $1,044. Labor costs are estimated between $410 and $518 while parts are priced between $491 and $527.