- 1 What does Type-S mean on Acura TL?
- 2 Are Acura TL Type-S reliable?
- 3 What size tires are on a Acura TL?
- 4 Is 2008 Acura TL a good car?
- 5 What’s the difference between Acura TL and TL Type S?
- 6 How can I make my Acura TL Type S faster?
- 7 What year Acura TL is best?
- 8 How long do Acura TL Type S last?
- 9 Does the 2008 Acura TL have transmission problems?
- 10 How do I know what rims fit my car?
- 11 How do you read a tire size?
- 12 What bolt pattern is a Acura TL?
- 13 How many miles will a 2008 Acura TL last?
- 14 What is a 2008 Acura TL worth?
- 15 Which is more reliable Honda or Acura?
What does Type-S mean on Acura TL?
Type–S stands for Speed, Type-R stands for Racing.
Are Acura TL Type-S reliable?
83 car owners like you reviewed their Acura TL. The average rating is a 4.4 out of 5 stars. The Acura TL Reliability Rating is 4.0 out of 5. It ranks 2nd out of 32 for all car brands.
What size tires are on a Acura TL?
Standard size 235/45/17 tire on OEM Acura TL wheel.
Is 2008 Acura TL a good car?
For a front-wheel-drive, entry-level luxury sedan with sporting tendencies, the 2008 Acura TL is the best choice around. Its mix of driving fun, comfort, quality and value can’t be beat. But if maximum handling and performance are priorities, the BMW 328i, Infiniti G35 and Lexus IS 350 are better choices.
What’s the difference between Acura TL and TL Type S?
In this manner, what’s the difference between Acura TL and TL Type S? The key differences between the TL and TL Type–S are in the performance department. The standard trim provides a 3.2-liter V6 that makes 258 horsepower and 233 pound-feet of torque. The Type S then upsizes to a 3.5-liter V6.
How can I make my Acura TL Type S faster?
How to Boost the Horsepower on an Acura TL Type S
- Replace the factory cold-air intake system with a performance aftermarket cold-air intake system. Cold-air intake systems for the Acura TL Type–S typically provide a power boost of about 8 to 15 horsepower, depending on brand and model.
- Replace the factory exhaust system with a performance aftermarket exhaust system.
What year Acura TL is best?
The 2008 Acura TL Is One of the Best Used Acura Model You Can Buy. In 1986, the Honda Motor Company introduced Acura to the United States as its luxury vehicle lineup. The Acura TL is an entry-level, compact executive sedan.
How long do Acura TL Type S last?
A fairly well designed, well maintained engine should be perfectly happy running 300K at least. 500K or more depending on typical use. Typically, a well maintained engine is one of the last things to fail. Under ideal use, most any modern engine will last 1,000,000 miles.
Does the 2008 Acura TL have transmission problems?
The worst category of problems with the Acura TL is with the transmission. Acura TL owners who bought production years 2003-2009 and 2012 also had complained about transmission problems. Most car enthusiasts know that Acura had a problem with faulty transmissions in both the Acura TL and the Acura CL.
How do I know what rims fit my car?
The two easiest ways are to check the sticker plate in your car, it should be located inside the driver side door, or look online for the vehicle specifications for your exact make and model. That should tell you the standard rim size.
How do you read a tire size?
The two-digit number after the slash mark in a tire size is the aspect ratio. For example, in a size P215/65 R15 tire, the 65 means that the height is equal to 65% of the tire’s width. The bigger the aspect ratio, the bigger the tire’s sidewall will be.
What bolt pattern is a Acura TL?
Acura – Vehicle Bolt Pattern Reference
|2014||Acura||5 lug 4.5 inch or 114.3 mm High Positive Offset|
|2004||Acura||5 lug 4.5 inch or 114.3 mm High Positive Offset|
|2005||Acura||5 lug 4.5 inch or 114.3 mm High Positive Offset|
|2006||Acura||5 lug 4.5 inch or 114.3 mm High Positive Offset|
How many miles will a 2008 Acura TL last?
I just hit 200,000 miles. Never had any major problems. I do the regular maintenance very religiously. So if you take care of it it will more than last 50,000.
What is a 2008 Acura TL worth?
2008 Acura TL Value – $1,865-$7,508 | Edmunds.
Which is more reliable Honda or Acura?
Reliability Index also ranked Honda as the 2nd most reliable car, with a reliability index of 42. The reason Honda cars are so reliable is that they cost little to repair. In contrast, Acura cars, like every other luxury brand, require regular repairs that are quite expensive. So, they have lower reliability.