- 1 What is the MPG of a Chevy Silverado?
- 2 What is considered high mileage for a Chevy Silverado?
- 3 How many MPG does a Chevy 6.0 GET?
- 4 Which Silverado gets the best gas mileage?
- 5 Are Chevy Silverados good on gas?
- 6 How many MPG does a 5.3 motor get?
- 7 What used trucks to avoid?
- 8 What truck has the least amount of problems?
- 9 Should I buy a truck with 200 000 miles?
- 10 How long do Chevy 6.0 engines last?
- 11 How can I get better gas mileage in my 6.0 Chevy?
- 12 What is the gas mileage on a Chevy Silverado 2500HD?
- 13 What truck lasts the longest?
- 14 What used pickup truck gets the best mpg?
- 15 What truck has best mpg?
What is the MPG of a Chevy Silverado?
DETROIT — The 2020 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 with the available, all-new 3.0L Duramax turbo-diesel engine delivers an EPA-estimated 33 mpg highway and 23 city in rear-wheel-drive models. EPA-estimated fuel economy for four-wheel drive models is 29 mpg highway/23 city.
What is considered high mileage for a Chevy Silverado?
Cars.com lists 5 Silverado’s above 500,000, two of which are around 900,000. There are also almost a thousand Silvarados listed with over 200,000 miles on the clock. Even reaching the 100,000 milestone with most cars is considered a good return.
How many MPG does a Chevy 6.0 GET?
The gas mileage for the 6.0L Vortec engine is 12 mpg in the city and 16 mpg on the highway.
Which Silverado gets the best gas mileage?
Chevrolet Silverado 1500
The 2.7-liter four-cylinder engine that produces 310 horsepower and 348 pound-feet of torque paired with a 10-speed automatic transmission is the best choice for good gas mileage. The Silverado 1500 gets 20 mpg combined, 19 mpg in the city, and 22 mpg for highway driving.
Are Chevy Silverados good on gas?
The full-size Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Duramax is the most fuel-efficient truck on the market, achieving 27 mpg in combined city and highway driving.
How many MPG does a 5.3 motor get?
When the 5.3-liter is backed by the eight-speed its mileage jumps to 18 mpg, and it goes up to 19 mpg with the 10-speed.
What used trucks to avoid?
5 of the Worst Trucks to Buy Used in 2020
- 2014 Chevy Silverado 1500. The 2014 Silverado 1500 is one of the only Chevy Silverado model years to avoid due to peeling paint and faulty A/C systems.
- 2012 Ram 2500HD.
- 2008 Nissan Frontier.
- 2016 Toyota Tacoma.
- 2010 Ford F-150.
What truck has the least amount of problems?
Setting popularity and everything else aside, these 10 pickup trucks have been the most reliable models since 2010.
- Toyota Tundra. Toyota’s full-sizer is the most reliable truck on the market.
- Honda Ridgeline.
- Nissan Frontier.
- Toyota Tacoma.
- Ford F-350.
- Chevrolet Avalanche.
- Ford F-250.
- Ram 1500.
Should I buy a truck with 200 000 miles?
A car or truck has to be well maintained in order to still be functioning well with 200k miles, but it probably has more good days behind it than in front of it, and the price should reflect that. With that many miles already on it, don’t expect it to be as reliable as a newer one.
How long do Chevy 6.0 engines last?
Overall, the 6.0 vortec is an extremely dependable and reliable motor. These engines frequently last beyond 300,000 miles with minimal issues beyond regular maintenance. However, making it to 300,000 miles will likely require some non-engine repairs and maintenance, such as suspension components.
How can I get better gas mileage in my 6.0 Chevy?
How to Improve Chevy 6.0 Vortec Gas Mileage
- Change your driving habits.
- Change your vehicle’s spark plugs, spark plug wires, fluids and filters when recommended by the manufacturer.
- Consolidate the number of stops to make and choose shorter, less congested routes.
- Eliminate any excess weight you’re carrying around.
- Make sure your tires are properly inflated.
What is the gas mileage on a Chevy Silverado 2500HD?
Fuel Economy and Real-World MPG
We tested the Silverado 2500HD with the gasoline 6.6-liter V-8, and it earned 14 mpg on the highway. For comparison, we tested an F-250 with the gas-fed 6.2-liter V-8 and six-speed automatic transmission, and it returned 15 mpg in the same test.
What truck lasts the longest?
The 5 Longest-Lasting Used Trucks
- Honda Ridgeline. The Honda Ridgeline comes in at first place in the category of trucks most likely to last 200,000 miles.
- Toyota Tacoma. The Toyota Tacoma is another midsize truck that can provide reliability and longevity.
- Toyota Tundra.
- Chevrolet Silverado 1500.
- Ford F-150.
What used pickup truck gets the best mpg?
Top 10 Best Gas Mileage Used Trucks
- 2017 Nissan Titan.
- 2015 GMC Sierra 1500.
- 2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500.
- 2016 Nissan Frontier.
- 2011 Ford Ranger.
- 2017 Ram Ram Pickup 1500.
- 2017 Toyota Tacoma.
- 2017 Honda Ridgeline.
What truck has best mpg?
The Ford Ranger has the highest EPA combined fuel economy estimate of any non-diesel midsize pickup truck on our list. Thanks to a 10-speed automatic transmission and an efficient yet powerful 2.3-liter turbocharged four-cylinder engine, it checks in at 23 mpg combined.