- 1 What do the lights on my BMW dashboard mean?
- 2 How much does a BMW brake fluid change cost?
- 3 How do you turn off the brake fluid light on a BMW?
- 4 What does yellow exclamation mark mean in BMW?
- 5 What are the warning signs on a BMW?
- 6 How do I reset my BMW warning light?
- 7 What happens if u dont change brake fluid?
- 8 Do you need to change brake fluid BMW?
- 9 What brake fluid does BMW use?
- 10 How do you reset the codes on a BMW?
- 11 How do I reset my BMW computer?
- 12 What does the orange triangle with an exclamation point mean in a BMW?
- 13 What does the yellow light with an exclamation point mean?
- 14 What does yellow triangle with exclamation point mean?
What do the lights on my BMW dashboard mean?
The meaning and priority of BMW dashboard indicator colors are listed below: Red – Communicates a warning that requires immediate attention. Orange and Yellow – Designates a warning that is not critical but requires attention as soon as possible.
How much does a BMW brake fluid change cost?
BMW 328i Brake System Flush costs $105 on average.
|2012 BMW 328iL6-3.0L||Service typeBrake System Flush||Shop/Dealer Price$155.13 – $200.44|
|2012 BMW 328iL4-2.0L Turbo||Service typeBrake System Flush||Shop/Dealer Price$155.79 – $201.58|
How do you turn off the brake fluid light on a BMW?
Turn on ignition.
- Turn on ignition.
- Wait a few seconds for any warning messages to clear.
- Press and hold the Odometer Reset on the instrument cluster.
- While you hold the ODOmeter Reset button, a small triangle will display on the dash.
- Now you have entered the Service Menu.
What does yellow exclamation mark mean in BMW?
An Exclamation Mark – a problem with the Stop Start Technology. Circle with dotted lines on the side – the brake pads are worn and require replacement. Exclamation mark inside a light bulb – an exterior light bulb has gone out. Gas canister – if the light is yellow, then oil levels are low.
What are the warning signs on a BMW?
- Safety Belts. The indicator lamp flashes or lights up and a signal sounds.
- Steering System (Integral Active Steering)
- Airbag system.
- Door Ajar.
- Check Engine.
- Antilock Brake System.
- Brake system.
- Oil Level Low.
How do I reset my BMW warning light?
How to Reset the BMW Service Light
- Turn on the vehicle’s electrical systems but do not start the engine.
- Locate the small odometer button near the bottom left corner of the instrument panel.
- Press and hold it until the service message appears.
- Release the button, and press and hold it again until the message says “Reset?”.
What happens if u dont change brake fluid?
If you don’t have your Brake Fluid changed as recommended by your vehicle manufacturer this will lead to Moisture Contamination in your brake reservoir where the Brake Fluid is stored. When you don’t change your brake fluid, your cars braking capabilities suffer greatly for it leading to Poor Braking Performance.
Do you need to change brake fluid BMW?
BMW recommends you change the brake fluid every two years.
What brake fluid does BMW use?
All modern BMWs use DOT-4 brake fluid. Sometimes it is hard to find, or you will only find DOT-3/DOT-4 synthetic.
How do you reset the codes on a BMW?
BMW CC-ID codes readout
- Turn the ignition on.
- Dismiss or wait for all warning and failure messages to disappear.
- Use left stalk to navigate to “CHECK” submenu.
- Press BC button on the left stalk and hold it pressed for 5 seconds.
- Release the button when BMW CC-ID codes appear on the bottom display.
How do I reset my BMW computer?
How to Reset a BMW Computer
- Turn your ignition key to the accessory position when the lights and radio come on (before starting the car).
- Press and hold the “Trip” button on the instrument panel until the red light comes on.
- Press the “Trip” button a second time and hold until “Reset” appears. Press the “Trip” button a third time.
What does the orange triangle with an exclamation point mean in a BMW?
· 3,039 Posts. #2 • Jan 3, 2016. The symbol means there is a Check Control message stored. It may be accessed as follows (button 1 is the small lever on the turn signal stalk and button 2 is the button on the end of the stalk)
What does the yellow light with an exclamation point mean?
Tire Pressure Warning Light
Aaltazar / Getty Images. The tire pressure warning light is depicted as a yellow tire with an exclamation point in the middle. This warning light signifies that one of the vehicle’s tires is underinflated, and – in some modern vehicles – it can indicate which exact tire has low pressure.
What does yellow triangle with exclamation point mean?
Your phone may display an exclamation mark in a triangle on a black screen. This screen is called recovery mode, and is usually accessed from the bootloader menu on an Android device. The most common cause of issues with recovery mode is when the device has been rooted; or having installed a custom ROM.