- 1 What does the lightning bolt warning light mean?
- 2 What does it mean when the electronic throttle control light comes on?
- 3 What does the lightning bolt mean on a 2006 Chrysler 300?
- 4 What does the red lightning bolt mean on my Chrysler 200?
- 5 How much does it cost to fix electronic throttle control?
- 6 What causes an electronic throttle control to go bad?
- 7 How do I reset my electronic throttle control?
- 8 Can throttle control make car not start?
- 9 How do you reset the throttle position sensor on a Chrysler 300?
- 10 How do I reset my Chrysler 300?
- 11 What does red light mean on Chrysler 300?
- 12 What does electronic throttle control do?
- 13 What does red lightning bolt on Dodge mean?
What does the lightning bolt warning light mean?
This is the Electronic Throttle Control (ETC) Indicator symbol. This light, a lightning bolt between reversed brackets or parenthesis, will illuminate if there is a problem in the electronic throttle control system. As an electronic system, it can sometimes be reset with a restart.
What does it mean when the electronic throttle control light comes on?
Solution: This indicates a serious failure of your throttle control system. The engine computer is programmed to go into limp mode when the system malfunctions, in an attempt to limit your speed and prevent damage to the engine. It can be caused by a sensor failure, or even by outside electromagnetic interference.
What does the lightning bolt mean on a 2006 Chrysler 300?
Hi There, The red lightning bolt indicates that there is a problem wit the electronic throttle control unit. Slowly depress the accelerator pedal all the way to the floor. Slowly release the accelerator pedal until it is all the way back up at the rest position. Turn the ignition key to “OFF” position.
What does the red lightning bolt mean on my Chrysler 200?
This lightning bolt refers to an Electronic Throttle Control problem, or an ETC error. It happens due to a damaged throttle controller. The system controls the air-fuel mixture that goes into the engine.
How much does it cost to fix electronic throttle control?
Electronic Throttle Control Repair Cost – Here’s What You Need To Know. Since this is such a key part to every car’s internal system, the average cost for this repair can be quite pricey – the average electronic throttle control repair cost comes out to around $645!
What causes an electronic throttle control to go bad?
In this case, the problem may be caused by a miscommunication link from the throttle controller and the engine’s air fuel mixture which is regulated by the mass air flow sensor on many cars. In most cases, issues with the throttle controller are electric, either caused by a damaged sensor or electrical relay.
How do I reset my electronic throttle control?
First, make sure the accelerator pedal is fully released. Next, turn the ignition on and then turn it off and wait for ten seconds. During these ten seconds, be sure the throttle valve is moving by listening for a sound of operation.
Can throttle control make car not start?
Just so, can a throttle position sensor stop a car from starting? The only way a TPS will cause a no–start is if the TPS is busted/stuck, and the TPS is telling the computer that you’ve floored the gas.
How do you reset the throttle position sensor on a Chrysler 300?
- Insert ignition key and turn to “ON” (not start).
- Wait for all idiot lights to go out.
- Slowly depress the accelerator pedal all the way to the floor.
- Slowly release the accelerator pedal until it’s all the way back up.
- Turn the ignition key to “OFF”.
- Start the engine.
How do I reset my Chrysler 300?
HOW TO RESET: Chrysler 300 Oil Change Light
- Close all doors.
- Gearbox to Park position.
- Turn ignition to RUN position, don’t start the engine.
- Immediately Fully Press and release the Gas Pedal 3X within 5 Seconds.
- Then start the engine, to verify if the Oil Change light has been reset.
What does red light mean on Chrysler 300?
if the light is light solid red, it means that the WCM can‘t read the SKIM in the key and you have an invalid key code error. this happens if the battery in the key is getting low, if the WCM didn’t read the key correctly more than (3 I think) times on a successful start, or if there is a problem with the WCM.
What does electronic throttle control do?
Electronic throttle control (ETC) is an automobile technology which electronically “connects” the accelerator pedal to the throttle, replacing a mechanical linkage. The electric motor is then used to open the throttle valve to the desired angle via a closed-loop control algorithm within the ECM.
What does red lightning bolt on Dodge mean?
What does red lightning bolt on Dodge mean? The lightning bolt is a warning you that there is a potential problem with the throttle control (ETC). You can reset the electronic throttle control system: Insert ignition key and turn to the “ON” position; don’t start the engine.