- 1 How do I activate BMW ConnectedDrive?
- 2 Is BMW Connected Drive free?
- 3 Can BMW unlock my car remotely?
- 4 Does BMW support ConnectedDrive?
- 5 Can I start my car with BMW Connected?
- 6 How do I reset my BMW Connected Drive?
- 7 How do I know if my BMW has remote start?
- 8 How long is BMW Connected Drive free?
- 9 What can the BMW Connected app do?
- 10 What is the best BMW app?
- 11 What does a BMW software update do?
- 12 Can I unlock my BMW with my iPhone?
- 13 Do BMW cars have WiFi?
How do I activate BMW ConnectedDrive?
How to activate your BMW ConnectedDrive subscription
- Download the BMW ConnectedDrive app and create an account.
- Add vehicles to your account.
- Subscribe to Remote Services.
- Activate Remote Services on the ConnectedDrive website.
Is BMW Connected Drive free?
It’s free to register with ConnectedDrive for all eligible BMW cars equipped with the software. It’s standard on most BMW models for three years. BMW recognises that some owners don’t want or need all the ConnectedDrive features, so offers most of the Digital Services features separately or as a trial.
Can BMW unlock my car remotely?
‘ Recently, the iconic car manufacturer started to offer the remote start app, adding to the comfort and convenience of BMW vehicles for both iOS and Android smartphone owners. With the BMW remote start app, drivers can lock and unlock their vehicles, locate their cars in parking lots, and control climate controls!
Does BMW support ConnectedDrive?
Device Requirements: The new BMW Connected app is available exclusively for iOS devices running iOS 9.0 or newer. Vehicle Requirements: The new BMW Connected app is compatible with Model Year 2014 and newer Navigation-equipped vehicles, except 2014 X6. An active BMW Assist™/ConnectedDrive subscription is required.
Can I start my car with BMW Connected?
You can start your vehicle using remote engine start with the BMW Display Key and the BMW Connected App. After you enable the automatic engine start in your driver assistance settings, you can keep your BMW cool, ventilated, or heated in the interior with click of a button.
How do I reset my BMW Connected Drive?
Hold down the radio power button for about 30 seconds. It will restart. I believe, just lock the car and let it sleep for a few minutes while the key is away from the car, it should reboot on the next time you unlock the car. Or, you can always unplug the battery and wait couple minutes and reconnect it.
How do I know if my BMW has remote start?
To check if your car is equipped with BMW remote start, look up the ‘Remote engine start‘ option in your Premium Package or in the settings of your iDrive sub-menu. If your BMW features an iDrive 7.0 (or the so called Live Cockpit) and a digital gauge cluster, it may be there.
How long is BMW Connected Drive free?
ConnectedDrive is free for the first three months when you buy a new BMW, then costs $50 a year if you choose to keep it.
What can the BMW Connected app do?
With the BMW Connected App, you’re perfectly in touch with everything BMW – from fuel and charge status, to traffic notifications, and even BMW Financial Services.
What is the best BMW app?
- The My BMW App gives BMW drivers everything they need, right in the palm of their hands.
- Developed to offer drivers an all-around digital tool for a truly connected automotive lifestyle, the My BMW App has been the go-to-app for countless BMW drivers since July 2020.
What does a BMW software update do?
Put in other words: upgrading is a form of regular maintenance that will make sure your BMW software is always kept as “new” as possible – a bit like, say, a digital car wash.
Can I unlock my BMW with my iPhone?
The BMW Digital Key for the iPhone will enable you to lock and unlock your car by holding iPhone up to the door handle and start it up by placing iPhone in the smartphone tray. The car owner can also share access to up to 5 friends. The Digital Key will be also available via your Apple Watch.
Do BMW cars have WiFi?
Permanently integrated WiFi in the car
As with all new BMW cars, a built-in SIM card is an integral part in being able to establish a WiFi connection. Passengers can surf the internet or use streaming services for music and videos.